Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 22 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:25 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Tonight I thought it was time to add some of my new images to my portfolio, but I keep getting a message saying "impossible to move". I first tried to upload 10 files and then just one file. This is my first time trying to update my portfolio since the site upgrade. Is anyone else having this trouble? Any idea why it is not accepting my images? They are all at 750 pixels and under 200kb.

Is there any way to get an ftp address to ftp the files to the portfolios?

Thanks
Tim

by Royce Howland on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:59 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Tim, FTP upload isn't possible with the gallery system we're running. Can you email me one of the small JPEG's you're trying to upload so I can try a couple of tests with it? Also, can you provide specific info about what sequence of actions you take that results in that error? It's not one I've seen or heard of before, so I'm sure were in the upload process it could be coming from...
Royce Howland

by Tim Zurowski on Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:41 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Royce Howland wrote:Tim, FTP upload isn't possible with the gallery system we're running. Can you email me one of the small JPEG's you're trying to upload so I can try a couple of tests with it? Also, can you provide specific info about what sequence of actions you take that results in that error? It's not one I've seen or heard of before, so I'm sure were in the upload process it could be coming from...
Email sent Royce

Thanks
Tim

by Royce Howland on Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:02 am
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Okay, I did some testing and it looks like portfolio uploads are broken right now. I get the same error uploading your test image or an image of my own into my own portfolio. Will get the repair crew on it...
Royce Howland

by laura hughes on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:15 pm
laura hughes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00626
Same problem here...

by Tim Zurowski on Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:48 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Laura, it appears that all uploads to NSN may be down right now. Royce is away camping, and I sent Greg an email today asking if anyone is working on it. Hopefully. it will back up and running soon.

by Royce Howland on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:28 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
I am back now and will try to find out where this issue is at...
Royce Howland

by Glenn NK on Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:34 pm
Glenn NK
Lifetime Member
Member #:01120
Glad I found this thread - I thought I'd forgotten how to do upload an image to my portfolio.

Glenn
Economics:  the study of achieving infinite growth with finite resources.

by Royce Howland on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:53 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Sorry everyone, portfolio uploads are still broken. So far I have no info on the problem or the fix for it. :(
Royce Howland

by Tim Zurowski on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:13 am
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Thanks very much for all the help Royce. Boy, it sure must be broke!!

by Anthony Medici on Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:43 pm
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
It's not just the uploads that are broken. I can remove an image from the portfolio either. (Though it is one that didn't quite upload properly.)
Tony

by nclements on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:29 am
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
The uploads to the portfolios (directly from within the portfolios) should now be working. Someone has been changing permissions on the directories and I don't have direct access to fix them, so I've patched some things to work around the problems. These are only temporary patches while we investigate the real cause.

We appreciate your patience. Thanks.

Nicholas

by Royce Howland on Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:55 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the patch, Nicholas. If anybody encounters new or different portfolio problems, please continue to list them here. For now, hopefully basic uploads are working again but we'll keep on it to make sure everything is restored to its previous working condition...
Royce Howland

by Anthony Medici on Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:30 pm
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
I haven't tried loading an image since the last one failed but I tried to remove an image that didn't get loaded properly. This is the error message.

Directory 'pics/userpics/10006/' is not writable, files can't be deleted
Tony

by nclements on Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:34 pm
nclements
Development Team
It's related to the same problem -- the permissions on the directories were changed, locking all sorts of things. I came up with a work-around for uploading images, but I only have developer permissions myself, so I can't modify directory or file permissions, and neither can the portfolio scripts (currently). We're trying to get this fixed.
Anthony Medici wrote:I haven't tried loading an image since the last one failed but I tried to remove an image that didn't get loaded properly. This is the error message.

by Anthony Medici on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:44 pm
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Just for the fun of it I decided to record the errors that listed when I tried to post to my portfolio while posting in the Landscapes forum.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_nsn.php on line 101: copy(../portfolios/pics/userpics/10006/thumb_6-D3017355.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_nsn.php on line 104: copy(../portfolios/pics/userpics/10006/6-D3017355.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_nsn.php on line 108: filesize() [function.filesize]: Stat failed for ../portfolios/pics/userpics/10006/6-D3017355.jpg (errno=2 - No such file or directory)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_nsn.php on line 112: getimagesize(../portfolios/pics/userpics/10006/6-D3017355.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or
Tony

by nclements on Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:31 pm
nclements
Development Team
Thanks for this. It's just more information that says somebody -- probably while trying to tighten security -- did something that's preventing a lot of people from doing what they're supposed to be able to do. And unfortunately I don't have the necessary permissions to fix it. The good news is that with the patches I put into place earlier today, a lot of people are now able to do their uploading (maybe not the deletion, though). The bad news, there's about 30 people, yourself included, who won't be able to. Since it looks as if this group of people includes Greg and E.J., I hope that things will move quickly.
Anthony Medici wrote:Just for the fun of it I decided to record the errors that listed when I tried to post to my portfolio while posting in the Landscapes forum.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_nsn.php on line 101: copy(../portfolios/pics/userpics/10006/thumb_6-D3017355.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

by Royce Howland on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:11 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Okay, some fixes happened in the past 24 hours and I just spent a bit of time testing. As far as I can tell, portfolio uploads and deletions are working again from the portfolio system. It also again works to cross-post new images into the portfolio from a critique forum topic, and those can be deleted as well from the portfolio and/or the forum. So I think we're back in operation.

If anybody finds any continued portfolio problems, please follow up here. Thanks, and big apologies for the amount of time it took to correct this!
Royce Howland

by Anthony Medici on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:23 am
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
I would tend to disagree with you...

I can't delete the two bad images from the portfolio from when I had problems. I let you know in a day or two if I can upload new images...
Tony

by Tim Zurowski on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:59 am
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Upload worked fine for me yesterday. However, the delete image function worked for me all along, even when the upload wasn't working.

22 posts |