Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Chuck Peacock on Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:56 am
Chuck Peacock
Forum Contributor
Along the same lines as KK Hui's question - Does anyone have any specific tips on setting white balance on the 10D for sunset/sunrise and fall color images. As Tony said in the other thread, even if shooting RAW it makes a difference so as not to lose any info (WB set too warm). I like to shoot a jpeg simultaneously so the WB does make a difference there. Is there a range of suggested manual settings?
Chuck

by Anthony Medici on Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:59 am
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
If I'm trying to get a nice out of camera image that looks like it was taken on film, I use the same white balance that the film would have. Around 5200K.

If I'm trying to get the most dynamic range out of the RAW, I'll set it lower and then warm it up in post production.
Tony

by Chuck Peacock on Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:23 am
Chuck Peacock
Forum Contributor
Thanks Tony!
Ah, I see, a catch 22 to this simultaneous capture of RAW and jpeg. :roll:
Chuck

by Greg Downing on Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:25 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
I'm not sure what you mean by the catch 22. The only reason I shoot in RAW and JPEG is for image preview but I don't use the JPEG for anything else. I shoot virtually all my images in AWB and convert them in same as I find it very accurate, at least with Canon and prefer to make final color adjustments in PhotoShop.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

4 posts |