All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by joseph motto on Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:22 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
I do almost all of my photo processing on my desktop. When travelling I use an old Lenovo laptop to do some limited work until I return home. That laptop is reaching the end of the line. I am looking for something that will handle LR 6 and Classic PS 6 but which will be used primarily for internet search, card games, etc. My question: Would something like the upper end Dell Inspiron All-in-ones be adequate for my needs with its nice 27 inch screen? Would a 15-16 inch laptop be a better choice if the portability aspect is not a concern?
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:39 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
If portability is not a concern then certainly an all-in one desktop is a decent choice.  The downside of those is that they often do not offer a lot of upgradability.  With a laptop, you can always run a larger monitor when using it at home and still have the portability - kind of a best of both worlds approach.

by TomWalker on Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:29 pm
TomWalker
Forum Contributor
Four years ago, following E.J.’s advise, I bought a Dell xps15. Like you, I have PS6. I have hardly turned on my desktop since getting this laptop. It does everything I could want, and is very reliable. I had a heavy old Sony 17-inch before this but do not miss the extra size. Worth a look, Joseph.

3 posts |