All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by DMcLarty on Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:19 pm
DMcLarty
Lifetime Member
Member #:00155
I know I was given this some time in the spring from a very informative workshop leader but who knows where that note is now. .....and I figured that if I ask here many will see the answer to my question.

wait for it... :lol:

In PS using Image adjustments and colour balance (i think that is where it was) there is a simple set of values for a warming filter and and a cooler filter. ie 81 81 b

I know not every photo is the same but these settings were very close to correcting a slightly warm or cold photo.

Greg or others can you remind me of the settings..
The McLarty's :)
Lethbridge Alberta    
Rankin Inlet Nunavut Canada
In the Heart of the Canadian Arctic
Twitter @DadRankin

by Greg Downing on Wed Sep 17, 2003 6:48 pm
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
81A:

Adjust both midtones and highlights in the color balance palette to -5 toward magenta and -10 toward yellow.

81B: Double the above amounts.

I have two actions made, one is an "81A", which I apply twice for an 81B, and I also have what I call a "half 81A", which is set at -3 toward magenta and -5 toward yellow, for a more subtle effect.

P.S. Very subtle on the first part of your message ;) LOL

Still enjoying the coffee crisps....(trying not to endulge)...:D
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Paul Skoczylas on Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:21 am
Paul Skoczylas
Forum Contributor
Member #:00284
Greg Downing wrote:Still enjoying the coffee crisps....(trying not to endulge)...:D
Ha! Sometimes we Canucks take for granted the things we have that you guys down south don't have. But it's the Smarties that I don't understand how you live without--far better than M&M's, and like Coffee Crisp, are Nut-free so you can give 'em to your kids (your neighbours' kids, etc.) without worrying about allergies.

-Paul

by Cliff LeSergent on Thu Sep 18, 2003 9:33 am
Cliff LeSergent
Forum Contributor
Ya, Paul - but we can't get PayDay bars up here... :cry:
Cliff LeSergent
Images West Photography
http://www.imageswest.ca

by Paul Skoczylas on Thu Sep 18, 2003 10:22 am
Paul Skoczylas
Forum Contributor
Member #:00284
Cliff LeSergent wrote:Ya, Paul - but we can't get PayDay bars up here... :cry:
I guess if you don't know what they are, you don't miss 'em! (But that works both ways...) We don't have Krispy Kreme either, but Canada is the country with the most donut stores per Capita, and I suspect that most of us are happy enough with Tim Horton's that we don't need Krispy Kreme!

Just don't go to a bar outside Canada and ask for a Caesar... (or for that matter try to find Clamato juice--the virgin part of the Caesar--in a grocery store outside Canada). A friend told me of asking for a Rye and Coke in a bar in Hawaii, and getting a very strange look from the bartender. Well, a bartender in Canada outside the prairie provinces might give a strange look too, but at least he would know what Rye is!

-Paul

by Steve Mason on Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:13 pm
Steve Mason
Forum Contributor
Paul Skoczylas wrote: We don't have Krispy Kreme either, but Canada is the country with the most donut stores per Capita, and I suspect that most of us are happy enough with Tim Horton's that we don't need Krispy Kreme!
We're getting a Krispy Creme in N.E. Calgary very soon.
I used to ship a friend of mine a few bags of Popcorn Twists while he was living in DC, as his wife just had to have them :). Thankfully they moved back here.
Steve Mason

by Rob Palmer on Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:32 pm
Rob Palmer
Forum Contributor
Greg, can you explain more on your description in photoshop if possible?
Rob Palmer
[url]http://www.falconphotos.com/gallery/7385039_qUuth#!i=774854059&k=Uuoef[/url]

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:36 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
What Greg is referring to - in photoshop with your photo open select Image > Adjustments > Color Balance and then put the color values in the boxes that he describes above. The Color Balance opens up with midtones selected. After you apply the values to midtones, click on highlights and put those same values in the boxes.

by Andrew Mc on Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:24 pm
Andrew Mc
Regional Moderator
Member #:00043
Paul Skoczylas wrote:...but Canada is the country with the most donut stores per Capita, and I suspect that most of us are happy enough with Tim Horton's...
I wish there was a drool emoticon ;). After a grueling 35 hour series of flights (and delays) from Sydney to Saskatoon, Tim Horton's was the first stop we made. My better half had been raving about them (was my first trip to Canada, her 6th or 7th), and didn't take me long to figure out why :).
Andrew McFadyen | NSN0043
http://www.mcfadyen.org

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:21 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Andrew Mc wrote: Tim Horton's was the first stop we made. My better half had been raving about them (was my first trip to Canada, her 6th or 7th), and didn't take me long to figure out why :).
Gross :twisted:

10 posts |