All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by Michael B on Mon May 20, 2013 4:55 am
Michael B
Forum Contributor
Morning Everyone,

Hi, I am a new member & really enjoying this forum, just need to know how it all works please:

> I posted a picture in the Birds gallery
        > But cannot see it in the bird gallery
> Also can't find a place to click to see "my photo's to see what I have posted

Is there a link / article explaining everything please?

Regards
Michael B

by Royce Howland on Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 am
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Hi Michael, welcome to NSN!

Your post in Birds did not show up in the forum immediately, nor in fact did this one here. Because all online forums are under constant spam attacks among other things, we've got a policy of mandatory moderator approval for the first few posts from any new user account. This helps us verify there's a real photo enthusiast behind the account instead of a spammer. :) I've approved this post, and the Birds forum moderators will approve yours in there very shortly I imagine. Once a few of your posts are approved by moderators, the mandatory approval requirement will be automatically lifted and your new posts will go live immediately.

In the image galleries, unfortunately there is no quick link to see your own photo posts. You can however use the search link at the top right of the page and search for yourself as the author of posts in an image gallery. Unfortunately, the integrated search function is having some issues following a major site upgrade, so to properly search forums you may need to follow the link back to the "original forum and gallery search" function. It's here:
http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/search.php

There is a system info center with a bunch of helpful material. You should start by reviewing the posting guidelines, and then see the other FAQ's and info of interest. If something still isn't making sense, either just explore & try different things, or ask questions in here and someone will help out.
http://www.naturescapes.net/information ... uidelines/
Royce Howland

by Michael B on Mon May 20, 2013 11:19 pm
Michael B
Forum Contributor
Thanks a million for the detailed reply Royce - much appreciated. Already starting to find my way round & will read the FAQ's.

One quick questions if I may - when post people make a comment on a photo, just under their name, there is a link you can click to view that persons portfolio? Is this something separate to the galleries?

by Royce Howland on Tue May 21, 2013 7:58 am
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Yes, the portfolio is something separate from forum posts. It's a feature available for paid members. You can read about it in the site info FAQ's, here:
http://www.naturescapes.net/information ... olios-faq/
Royce Howland

by Wayland on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:54 am
Wayland
Forum Contributor
I'm having problems as well.

I tried to post an introduction as a new topic in the Europe Chapter, where I'll probably be most active but I keep getting the message: "Your message contains too few characters." (In red, just under Forums Home.)

It's a reasonably long post so it shouldn't really be too few characters.

I've checked the permissions at the bottom right and it says I can post new topics in this forum and I've cleared the board cookies and tried again with no success.

I'm just trying to say hello...

by Wayland on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:10 pm
Wayland
Forum Contributor
I'm posting here because I seem to be able to reply to posts but not start a topic.

Am I doing something wrong?

by Wayland on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:07 am
Wayland
Forum Contributor
I tried posting a picture in the gallery and that's not working either

I can answer posts but not start a topic, post a gallery image or send a private message so I cannot reach the admin team.

Can somebody please help?

by nclements on Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 am
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
Wayland wrote:I tried posting a picture in the gallery and that's not working either

I can answer posts but not start a topic, post a gallery image or send a private message so I cannot reach the admin team.

Can somebody please help?
I think most of the admin team are off teaching workshops right now (certainly Greg is). Are you trying to use a mobile device for posting? If so there seems to be an issue in some cases -- about half of those using iPads have no problems and the rest have issues that sound similar to those you've experienced.

If you're not using a mobile device please list the following here:
 - Operating system (name, version)
 - Browser (name, version)

by Wayland on Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:19 am
Wayland
Forum Contributor
I'm on my desktop workstation running Windows 7 and using Mozilla Firefox 22.

I've just tried a test from my iPad Mini and that is not letting me start a new topic either.

by Gary Briney on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:08 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
@Nicholas - I exchanged pms with Wayland yesterday, and re-activated his account this morning; problem solved for posting from FF22/Win7. - Gary
G. Briney

10 posts |