Ain't Whistlin' "Duck Season"

Posted by Parrothead Pete on Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:30 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Got 'em coming right at me at crandon the other day as the chiggers ate me alive....leaving track marks on me... :shock:

EOS 20D w/70-200 2.8L USM IS w/ 1.4x TC
f/10 -1 Incident; 1/250; 580ex - 2/3 fec
ISO 200
converted in breezebrowser; slight crop and sharpening in photoshop cs.
"There are no other Everglades in the world. They are, they have always been, one of the unique regions of the earth; remote, never wholly known. Nothing anywhere else is like them..." - Marjory Stoneman Douglas

Posted by:
Parrothead Pete
Forum Contributor

by Alan Murphy on Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:18 pm
Alan Murphy
Lifetime Member
Member #:00014
Mike, I wish the angle was lower (I sound like a Parrot) and the head was turned one way or the other just a bit. Nice shot.
Alan Murphy
NSN 0014
www.alanmurphyphotography.com

by Fabs Forns on Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:41 pm
Fabs Forns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00393
That is *Silvano* (from *silbar*=whistle)
PP, you do need to get down there, disregard the chiggers, get sting lotion after or whatever, but get down and dirty and eye level!!!
You got the detail and the sharpness just right this time, and also the colors. Kudos for that :lol: DOF is excellent.
Getting there, getting there :mrgreen:

by Chris Kayler on Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:42 pm
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor
I agree w/ Alan on the shooting angle, but I do like the head-on pose. Nice one Mike.

by Kim Steininger on Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:13 am
Kim Steininger
Lifetime Member
Member #:00322
Great detail and I love his coloring against the water but agree this would be better at a lower angle. I'd definitely get out that bug lotion and give this another try! :D
Kim Steininger

by Mike Wilson on Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:36 pm
Mike Wilson
Forum Contributor
I like these head on angles of ducks, shows the structure of their heads and something different. I must agree about getting lower but it may be difficult at Crandon. Santee has very few good places to get really low. Have a great Holiday Mike.
Mike Wilson
San Diego, Ca
[url=http://www.naturescapes.net/membership.htm]NSN 0047[/url]

by Parrothead Pete on Fri Dec 24, 2004 4:40 pm
Parrothead Pete
Forum Contributor
this one pond, the south pond has a high steep bank, so you cannot crawl gigo style w/o falling in :P

but with my ground pod coming soon, I'll make a point to stay low and pack chigger repellant...

happy holidays :P
"There are no other Everglades in the world. They are, they have always been, one of the unique regions of the earth; remote, never wholly known. Nothing anywhere else is like them..." - Marjory Stoneman Douglas

by LHays on Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:12 pm
LHays
Lifetime Member
Member #:00040
Parrothead Pete wrote:this one pond, the south pond has a high steep bank, so you cannot crawl gigo style w/o falling in :P

but with my ground pod coming soon, I'll make a point to stay low and pack chigger repellant...

happy holidays :P
Now you're talking!!!! Eyeball to eyeball with this guy will be a killer....even if you do itch for a week, it will be worth it.
Happy Holidays!!!!
Lana Hays
NSN 0040
[url]http://www.lanahays.com/[/url]

8 posts |