Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by KeithUpton on Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:05 pm
KeithUpton
Forum Contributor
I went to print out some photos out today on my R2400. I printed out the 8x10s just fine, but when I printed out the 11x14s, there was a mark/line all the way down the bottom edge (edge on the right when looking at the printer). It looks like a roller or some thing is leaving "tracks" in the black boarder I have around the image.

I went back and printed a few more 8x10s, and they print out fine. Change it to an 11x14 and the mark comes back. I was thinking it might be bad paper, so I opened a new pack of paper (Epson PGPP) and get the same thing.

Next, I printed out an 8x10 image on the 11x14 paper and it prints out just fine...no mark.

So, the mark only shows up if I tell the printer that the image size is 11x14. Anyone ever seen or heard of this before?
[b][url=http://www.performanceimagery.com]Performance Imagery[/url][/b]

by Justin C on Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:06 am
Justin C
Forum Contributor
It sounds like your marks are being caused by the printer's wheels that move the print along.
If you type Epson pizza wheels into Google you'll find a whole bunch of information on the marks you describe and even details on how to remove the wheels (should you decide to go down that route).

I also noticed the 'pizza wheel track marks' a while back and was initially concerned by them,however they only seem to be particularly noticeable on the Glossy papers and usually when the print is held at an angle to the light.
I tend not to be bothered by them now as I find when the print is held flat,mounted,framed,etc,etc they're hardly noticeable.
Justin

by whf4 on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:01 am
whf4
Forum Contributor
There is also a real problem with older epson printers that when you print a borderless print, the print heads spray ink onto the pizza wheels that are adjacent to the paper. That can be a significant amount of ink, and those wheels can stay wet a long long time. the next time you put in a larger sheet of paper, the wheels transfer ink to the (new) paper. I donlt know any workarounds other than to sue a larger size backing sheet when printing borderless prints. I don't knwo if the same problem is true of the 2400.

I am still waiitng for the canon pixma pro 9500 to come out....... to ditch my 1280
4 down, 2 to go.

by rene on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:04 am
rene
Forum Contributor
I used to have an Epson printer and had similar issues. The best way to clean it is...believe it or not....using baby wipes and thoroughly clean the "wheels".
Rene de Heer

by KeithUpton on Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:30 am
KeithUpton
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the info Justin, I'll read up on it today. Right now I can get around it by just not printing borderless images...not that big of a deal. I would like to get it cleaned and working correctly though.

whf4, I'm not getting ink spray on the wheels. I can just feed a blank peice of paper though and it does not leave marks.
[b][url=http://www.performanceimagery.com]Performance Imagery[/url][/b]

5 posts |