Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by ebkw on Sat Jan 10, 2004 9:39 am
ebkw
Forum Contributor
Since I now have CS up and running I have discovered that I didn't pay attention to the fact that a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 is required to view the screens properly. I found this out by posting a question in the Adobe Photoshop Forum. My monitor is 15" and resolution is 800 x 600. My setup requires that I sit quite close to my monitor and I wear trifocals.

Do I need a new monitor? I would appreciate suggestions for a new one in mid-price range.
Eleanor Kee Wellman, eleanorkeewellman.com, Blog at: keewellman.wordpress.com

by AForns on Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:27 pm
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
I think a new monitor is the way to go. If your 15 is a CRT it is not even 15 inches. Look for a 17 LCD. I was looking in CompUsa and they have a ViewSonic at a reasonable price. The monitor had a $100 rebate so it came out to under $500.

If you get an LCD the salesman will always tell you to get an extended warrantee because they are so fragile. I have three (two Apple Cinemas and on 23 ViewSonic) no problem. The extended warrantee is sort of expensive.

You really need higher resolution for your imaging. Even if you were using a different program, you will be a lot happier with a larger monitor at a higher resolution.

Alfred

by ebkw on Sat Jan 10, 2004 12:40 pm
ebkw
Forum Contributor
Thanks Alfred,

I can see that just resetting to 1024 x 768 is not going to be satisfactory so I will look into your suggestions.
Eleanor Kee Wellman, eleanorkeewellman.com, Blog at: keewellman.wordpress.com

3 posts |