Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Rich Phalin on Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:55 pm
Rich Phalin
Forum Contributor
I'm going down to florida at the end of Febuary and would like to know where there is a place to enter the lagoon and park your car. Last year I was down there and went behind the Holiday Inn and found an area that was mostly dried up and wasn't sure if I was in the right spot. Every where I went to try and park said no beach parking or you needed a permit. Any help anyone can give would be appreciated. Thanks Rich

by Harvey Edelman on Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:10 pm
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor
Park at the Holiday Inn. Everybody does. When you get on the beach go left. I assure you it won't be dried up. That's the Lagoon. Last time you probably went straight ahead and to the right where there's a very small part of the Lagoon.
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

by Cliff Beittel on Mon Dec 08, 2003 7:56 am
Cliff Beittel
Forum Contributor
Years past, the Holiday would sell you a permit for a pittance (I think $5 or $10 for a week) if you went in and explained why you wanted to park there. They gave you a receipt to put on the dash. They were so friendly I later actually stayed there a couple of times--off season or during construction, when rates weren't so high, and in season once when my wife was with me to enjoy the pool, etc. (She likes to wade the lagoon with me sometimes too!) There is a really good restaurant a block away, and if you stay by the lagoon, you don't have to fight the midday traffic on the way out in the morning or on the way in for the afternoon and evening. Last time I asked, however, the desk clerk said she wasn't aware of a permit system, but to go ahead and park. Nonetheless, I like to check with them rather than trespass.

by Greg Downing on Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:57 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Last year during the weekend we were charged $5 to park at the Holiday Inn. Not a big deal. Also I prefer to stay in Bonita Springs and basically avoid all traffic in and out of the area by going in and out the back way. If I want to go to Sanibel I go around, which takes a little longer than staying in FT. Myers but it's worth it to avoid the ridiculous traffic over the Fort Myers Beach bridge. The Hampton Inn in Bonita Springs is pretty nice.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Dick Ginkowski on Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:41 am
Dick Ginkowski
Forum Contributor
There is also a shopping center up the road and on the other side of the street where you may be able to park.

I have it a bit easier: my brother lives up the road.

by Dan Barthel on Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:24 pm
Dan Barthel
Forum Contributor
There is also a fenced in lot with the fence open about a mile down the road from the Holiday Inn (Just past the last big condo) It is the closest access to the Lagoon.
NSN 061
Dan

by Maxis Gamez on Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:37 am
Maxis Gamez
Forum Contributor
Holiday Inn. :wink:
Maxis Gamez

7 posts |