Motif: Life Among the Flowers: Laurel and Hardy

Posted by LindaY on Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:14 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
I found this situation that I captured these bugs in rather humorous and rather like an old Laurel and Hardy comedy routine. The ladybug at the top seems to be looking on while the longer bug has found himself in a fix with no place to go. I left the bottom cropped loose to show that it was a long way down. :lol:
Canon D60, EF 70-200mm 4.0L, 1.4X teleconverter, ISO 200, f8.
Linda Yee

Posted by:
LindaY
Forum Contributor

by Mary Dennis on Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:14 am
Mary Dennis
Forum Contributor
Little acts of drama/comedy everywhere we look huh? Cool one Linda. Some of the blurriness of the flowers bothers my eyes a bit bug your main bug is pretty sharp. Were you dealing with a little breeze perhaps?
Mary
NSN 0123

by Wil Hershberger on Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:27 am
Wil Hershberger
Forum Contributor
Very interesting. I like your title. The OOF flowers in the lower left are distracting but I like that you left it in the "long way down" crop.
[url=http://www.cricketman.blogspot.com][b]Wil Hershberger[/b][/url] | [b]NSN0025[/b]
[url=http://www.natureimagesandsounds.com/workshops/index.html][b]Nature Images and Sounds Nature Photography Workshops[/b][/url]

by Bryan E. Reynolds on Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:04 am
Bryan E. Reynolds
Forum Contributor
Some more cool critters on this one. Nice light and good placement of the bugs. I agree with the others about OOF flowers on the bottom left. Great to get two bugs at once.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:30 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I really like the striking colors in this and the two different bugs. Well done.

by T Williams on Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:17 pm
T Williams
Lifetime Member
Member #:00035
Good choice on the crop -- it does give the feeling of a long way down. Having two different bugs is nice too!
Tom
NSN 0035

by Michael Brown on Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:53 pm
Michael Brown
Forum Contributor
Another striking and very colorful shot Linda, and I really like what you have been showing us. Beautiful! :)
The comp, color, and detail are nice but I still think that it is a tad on the soft side. This may have been what you wanted (sort of soft/dreamy), and if so this is excellent.
If you wanted the insects a little sharper, then some selective sharpening on them would do the trick.

And, .................. you can just keep on sending these Linda. I for one, love these types of shots!! 8)

Mike
[b]Michael Brown
NSN 0056[/b]

[url=http://www.macroartinnature.com/]"Macro Art In Nature" - Website[/url]

7 posts |