Motif: Shark Valley-Grass,trees and sky-Infrared

Posted by AlexC on Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:42 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Shark Valley ENP-Infrared

Had no intention on posting two infrared images tonight, my prior posting here contained human elements which do not belong in this forum, The mentioned image was moved to the proper Forum, Thanks EJ !!
Just like the previous image, this was done using a Harrison & Harrison 89B
in JPG format and B&W setting!!
You can see the temperature difference between the grass, trees ,clouds and the sky!!
D1x, JPG, B&W, Harrison & Harrison 89B Infrared filter, Lens=28-70mm afs-f/2.8-2.8, FL=28mm, aperture priority, Matrix metering, 1/10sec SS-f/5.6, EV=0, ISO=200, WB-Auto.
Any comments and or reposts are always welcome!!
[b]Alex Calzadilla[/b]
[b]Miami, Florida[/b]
[b]NSN-0024[/b]
"At the feast of ego everyone leaves hungry." - Bentley's House of Coffee and Tea, Tucson, AZ

Posted by:
AlexC
Forum Contributor
Member #:00024

by Kerry on Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:03 am
Kerry
Forum Contributor
This is really interesting. This really looks like an image shot on b/w film with a red filter to me. I'd never have guessed that it was infrared. In any case, the contrast range here is great.

--Kerry

by Ken Cravillion on Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:52 am
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
Nice shot. Not quite infrared but a winderful BW shot.
Ken Cravillion

by blovius on Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:34 am
blovius
Forum Contributor
the infared technique causes the zebra and lion to blend right into the grass and foliage. very interesting.
[url=http://www.adirondacklight.net][b]AdirondackLight[/b][/url] [b][i]and[/i][/b] [url=http://landscapist.squarespace.com/][b]The Landscapist[/b][/url]
Mark Hobson

My photographs aim at being true, not at being beautiful because, [i]what is true[/i] is most often beautiful.

by AlexC on Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:53 am
AlexC
Forum Contributor
Member #:00024
Mark wrote:
the infared technique causes the zebra and lion to blend right into the grass and foliage. very interesting.
Mark, Amazing that you are the only one able to see it!!, The fact that the Zebra is the one bitting the Lion on the neck is what in my opinion makes this image!!, Since the roles are reversed here, the Zebra now thinks is a carnivore, the Lion is utterly shocked, and now thinks he is a herbivore, both are now in treatment under medical supervision and under Prozac therapy, not to mention their respective digestive disorders, a GI Vet is also involved in the case, but we do expect them to recover.
Unfortunately there are always casualties during these role reversals, The horse fly who has always fed on the Zebra is now utterly confused as to who is she supposed to bite now, The lion refuses to stand still and get bitten, The horse fly is a nervous wreck, an utter basket case, getting hungrier by the day, I suspect that only electroshock might save her life.
We are all now on a prayer vigil trying to save her !!!! :wink:
[b]Alex Calzadilla[/b]
[b]Miami, Florida[/b]
[b]NSN-0024[/b]
"At the feast of ego everyone leaves hungry." - Bentley's House of Coffee and Tea, Tucson, AZ

by Alan Melle on Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:41 pm
Alan Melle
Lifetime Member
Member #:00041
AlexC wrote:Mark wrote:
Mark, Amazing that you are the only one able to see it!!, The fact that the Zebra is the one bitting the Lion on the neck is what in my opinion makes this image!!, Since the roles are reversed here, the Zebra now thinks is a carnivore, the Lion is utterly shocked, and now thinks he is a herbivore, both are now in treatment under medical supervision and under Prozac therapy, not to mention their respective digestive disorders, a GI Vet is also involved in the case, but we do expect them to recover.
Unfortunately there are always casualties during these role reversals, The horse fly who has always fed on the Zebra is now utterly confused as to who is she supposed to bite now, The lion refuses to stand still and get bitten, The horse fly is a nervous wreck, an utter basket case, getting hungrier by the day, I suspect that only electroshock might save her life.
We are all now on a prayer vigil trying to save her !!!! :wink:

I'm not sure who should be on life support here but I am sure it isn't any of the animals!
Alan Melle
NSN0041

by LHays on Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:48 pm
LHays
Lifetime Member
Member #:00040
Alex
An interesting shot. I'm just not familiar enough with infrared shots to comment much. I find the temperature difference especially fascinating and had never thought about it. The clouds have a 3D appearance that make this unique. A new lesson everyday from you.
Lana Hays
NSN 0040
[url]http://www.lanahays.com/[/url]

7 posts |