Autumn exposures

Posted by robert hasty on Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:01 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
This is part of a series im doing for a display to be hung this winter. The images will be hung in borders book store and also a local library. The series is titled autumn exposures. This is one of the first i have ruffed in but not fine tuned yet for print.

This is a multiple exposure (9) to be exact while trying to hand hold the camera as still as possible. The little bit of movement you see present in the image is fine with me, it just adds to the overall affect.

As always, your comments are very appreciated!!

Thanks for looking,
robert........

rebel 2000
konica 50 impresa
iso 400
9 exposures
f22 and -2 1/2 stops
Robert Hasty
NSN0075

[size=75]
[i] There is a path which no fowl knoweth, and which the vulture's eye hath not seen:[/i][/size]

Posted by:
robert hasty
Forum Contributor

by Anders on Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:12 pm
Anders
Lifetime Member
Member #:00156
Great colors! Unique technique, AFAIK. Still I'm afraid I'm a bit more in the figurative corner, but this definitely has great appeal anyhow. Does indeed seem like a good fit for a bookstore exhibition!

Congrats on the exhibition!

Anders

by Ken Cravillion on Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:20 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
Cool shot Robert. I've been meaning to do this sometime.
Ken Cravillion

by Mary Dennis on Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:44 pm
Mary Dennis
Forum Contributor
Robert, This kind of shot appeals to me because of the pallette of color and texture and how it suggests autumn but doesn't knock you over the head. My guess is that this will look very nice in print and really liven up a wall. A bit of an impressionistic feel to it. It would be interesting to see the sum total of your autumn exposures grouped together, how they compliment each other. I like your results here and this is something I would like to experiment with myself.
Mary
NSN 0123

by Jenny Ellerbe on Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:55 pm
Jenny Ellerbe
Forum Contributor
Great execution of a great idea. I like the bold colors (which is unusual for me).
Jenny Ellerbe
Louisiana
http://www.jennyellerbe.com

by LindaY on Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:06 pm
LindaY
Forum Contributor
Beautiful, Robert! I agree that this does have a beautiful impressionist quality about it. The colors are beautiful and the composition is great. I am always amazed at your willingness to experiment and at the quality of your finished product. I bet this one will make a gorgeous print! I sure wouldn't mind hanging it on my wall. :)
Linda Yee

by Neil Fitzgerald on Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:50 pm
Neil Fitzgerald
Regional Moderator
Member #:00240
Ditto previous comments. Interesting technique which I will have to try some time. Thanks for sharing.

by Juli Wilcox on Tue Nov 04, 2003 2:15 am
Juli Wilcox
Editor in Chief
Member #:00010
Great colors and overall effect, Robert! I like this a lot and agree with the other comments.
[b]Juli Wilcox[/b]
[b]Former Editor in Chief, NSN[/b]

8 posts |