Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:06 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
My Capture One has suddenly gone wonky and I don't know why.  

I'm using the latest version of C1Pro.  I'm using it on a PC, a very late model from Puget Systems with plenty of speed, RAM, and memory, and it hasn't given me a problem until now.

After processing in C1, I open the Export tab and when I get to the "Format & Size" tab
Under ICC Profile, it no longer gives me an option export in ProPhoto RGB.  It only gives me Adobe 1998 or sRGB (and some other options, but no ProPhoto)

I also have it chosen to open with Photoshop 2023, but it no longer opens up in PS.  I have to manually open the file in PS instead of it automatically exporting and opening.

Any ideas on why this suddenly happened?
Does it sound like a Capture One issue, or could it be a PS issue?
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:02 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I will check this out the next time I power up my production system. I have not noticed this behavior though.

by chidu on Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:10 pm
chidu
Forum Contributor
Member #:02175
Hi Bill
After processing in C 1 I save only as ProPhoto , 16 bit,TIFF, uncompressed
Not seen this issue.
Let me keep looking.
Cheers
Chidu

by Scott Fairbairn on Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:07 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Bill, when you select the ICC profile, it gives a short list of options; at the bottom there is a "Show All" selection. If you click on that, you will be shown the full gamut of options. ProPhoto should be under there.

by Bill Chambers on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:25 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote: Bill, when you select the ICC profile, it gives a short list of options; at the bottom there is a "Show All" selection. If you click on that, you will be shown the full gamut of options. ProPhoto should be under there.
Yes, I agree, but it isn't there.  It used to be there, but ProPhoto is now completely absent from the ICC Profile list (under the "Show all" option).

I should mention this occurs ONLY on my main computer.  
If I open Capture One on my laptop, ProPhoto still shows as an option, along with many other profiles.  On my Desktop (my main computer), the list of profiles is much shoter (under the "Show all" option) and ProPhoto is absent.  When I open PS or ACR, ProPhoto shows in both, just not in Capture One.

Also, as I mentioned in my original post, the C1 image doesn't open in PS upon Export.  It has always opened in PS in the past upon Export, but no longer.  I'm hoping if is just a fluke or perhaps I've accidentally hit a button or made some funky choice without realizing it, but I have gone over "Preferences" in both C1 and PS several times now and haven't found a problem as yet.
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:54 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
It probably means that your ICC file is either missing or corrupt on your computer.  They all reside in the same place:
C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

The file is called ProPhoto.icm and it could potentially be in a sub folder of the location above.

If it is missing then you can just copy the file from another computer onto any media card and then copy it into that folder on the computer that has it missing or corrupted. 

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:59 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
I did verify that the most up-to-date version of C1Pro sees every ICM profile that I have in the folder specified above including ProPhoto

by Bill Chambers on Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:04 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote: I did verify that the most up-to-date version of C1Pro sees every ICM profile that I have in the folder specified above including ProPhoto
Thanks E.J.!

Any idea on why I now have to open the export file manually in PS instead of it opening automatically?
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:16 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
No, I think you'll have to open up a support ticket for that one.

9 posts |