« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by Swissblad on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:22 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
New Alpha 6700 announced today - nice to see Sony taking APS-C serious again - hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit.

Also announced a very compact 70-200 f4.0 zoom.

Interesting times for Sony shooters.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:41 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Just wish they would use the same form factor as the a7 series in their APS-C offerings.

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:57 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Looks like there is no thumbstick for focus point selection. I think they are missing the boat by sticking to that awful form factor. Those cameras are murder to use with gloves.

by Scott Fairbairn on Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:54 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Swissblad wrote: New Alpha 6700 announced today - nice to see Sony taking APS-C serious again - hopefully other manufacturers will follow suit.

Also announced a very compact 70-200 f4.0 zoom.

Interesting times for Sony shooters.

I read on sonyalpharumors that the camera ships without a charger or charge cable! This cheapening out by manufacturers is getting annoying.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:59 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Scott wrote:
I read on sonyalpharumors that the camera ships without a charger or charge cable! This cheapening out by manufacturers is getting annoying.
Yeah, that started with phones, it seems like. You spend $1400 for a phone and they can't even include the charger! Now, it's even worse with cameras. Cut corners elsewhere is what I say.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:26 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I'm on the opposite side of that argument. Since everything charges with USB these days and the EU mandate that everything going forward charge with USB-C, what's the point of including chargers?

by Scott Fairbairn on Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:48 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote: I'm on the opposite side of that argument.  Since everything charges with USB these days and the EU mandate that everything going forward charge with USB-C, what's the point of including chargers?
I can think of a couple of reasons, loss of the charger or cord for one. When I bought my iPhone 13, it came with a cord, usb-C on the charger end, and I didn’t have a leftover charger with that connector. I ended up having to buy a third party usb-c wall charger. I had tons of chargers for the usb-a or what ever it is, but none for C. 

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:31 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
When I sell a camera, I like to include the charger. It just seems right. I recently bought a Nikon D500 and the guy didn't throw in the charger. I had one for the D850, but, now when I sell the D500, I won't be able to include a charger. Same goes for phones.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

8 posts |