Technical Service Advisory Z8
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by ricardo00 on Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:00 pm
ricardo00
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote: Technical Service Advisory Z8

I would be interested to know if any of the Z8 owners have experienced this problem?  I have a Z8 which is in the recall group but haven't had any such problem changing lenses.

by david fletcher on Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:13 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
ricardo00 wrote:
david fletcher wrote: Technical Service Advisory Z8

I would be interested to know if any of the Z8 owners have experienced this problem?  I have a Z8 which is in the recall group but haven't had any such problem changing lenses.
Saw this information yesterday, and there doesn't, yet, seem much of a reaction re the internet community.  Maybe, an indication of a small number of affected units.  :?:
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by SantaFeJoe on Sat Jun 24, 2023 8:45 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Mine is a recalled number. I haven't even tried to attach my 24-70 z lens yet. Only the FTZ adapter. Too bad. I just got it.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Scott Fairbairn on Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:04 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Mine is on the list, too; very irritating to send it in after just a few weeks of usage.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:35 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I just got mine last Monday. I've barely had time to shoot with it. I put the 24-70 on it and there was no problem with it. The 500 pf works well with the FTZ. I think I'll keep shooting with it for a while before sending it to Nikon.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Scott Fairbairn on Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:56 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Yes, I have mine packed up to go, but I still haven't received the email with the shipping label.

by Karl Egressy on Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:07 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
Mine is on the list too.
I use FTZ II adapter and have no problem. I think they will have to replace the flange which is a half an hour work or less if they have the replacement flange. I'm not in a hurry to send it to Service.

by rfridell on Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:46 pm
rfridell
Forum Contributor
I also have a z8 on the recall list . . .  I only have two z lenses (105 and 800 pf) and they both seem to attach without a problem.

Has anyone heard if this is due to a defect that is likely to get worse, is a problem with only some lenses, or if there's no problem now, perhaps we dodged the defect?  I guess I'm also not very inclined to go through the process of sending a new camera in for service until there's actually an issue.
Rick Fridell
@rickfridell https://www.instagram.com/rickfridell/

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:10 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
rfridell wrote: I also have a z8 on the recall list . . .  I only have two z lenses (105 and 800 pf) and they both seem to attach without a problem.

Has anyone heard if this is due to a defect that is likely to get worse, is a problem with only some lenses, or if there's no problem now, perhaps we dodged the defect?  I guess I'm also not very inclined to go through the process of sending a new camera in for service until there's actually an issue.
I've not heard of an issue and mine hasn't had a problem so far. Given that they were supposed to email a shipping label within a day, and it's been four or five for me and still nothing, I decided to unpack and use it for now. Maybe in a few months when they know what they're doing, I'll try again.

by Karl Egressy on Sat Jul 01, 2023 9:56 am
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
"I also have a z8 on the recall list . . .  I only have two z lenses (105 and 800 pf) and they both seem to attach without a problem."

I talked to one of the representatives at Nikon Services. They advise to send it in and had it serviced, as the problem may present itself later on due to use and you may get your lens dropped as it won't lock properly.
I sent in mine and they claim that it takes about five days before they return it fixed. I will post how it worked out.

by Scott Fairbairn on Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:45 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Karl Egressy wrote: "I also have a z8 on the recall list . . .  I only have two z lenses (105 and 800 pf) and they both seem to attach without a problem."

I talked to one of the representatives at Nikon Services. They advise to send it in and had it serviced, as the problem may present itself later on due to use and you may get your lens dropped as it won't lock properly.
I sent in mine and they claim that it takes about five days before they return it fixed. I will post how it worked out.

Did they email you a shipping label? I signed up for the recall but I haven’t received an email from them. 

by rfridell on Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:09 pm
rfridell
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
Karl Egressy wrote: "I also have a z8 on the recall list . . .  I only have two z lenses (105 and 800 pf) and they both seem to attach without a problem."

Did they email you a shipping label? I signed up for the recall but I haven’t received an email from them. 
Scott, 
I just used the link provided above, entered my serial number, followed the instructions provided, and both a packing slip and shipping label were immediately produced and available to print or as a PDF (also emailed within minutes) . . . you may want to try again. 
Rick Fridell
@rickfridell https://www.instagram.com/rickfridell/

by Karl Egressy on Sun Jul 02, 2023 12:21 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:

Yes, they did.

by Scott Fairbairn on Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:10 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
I signed up again this morning and they said they would email me later today or tomorrow with the shipping label...same as last time. Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow.

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:07 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Well this is quite irritating. Still no response from Nikon with the shipping label. I guess I’ll have to phone them, which I’m sure will be an adventure getting a human on the line.

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:08 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote: Well this is quite irritating. Still no response from Nikon with the shipping label. I guess I’ll have to phone them, which I’m sure will be an adventure getting a human on the line.
I don't know how it is nowadays, but when I used to call Nikon before, they usually answered fairly quickly. Nobody seems to answer phones anymore. They want emails or texts. CS and PR aren't what they used to be. Make sure they have the address correctly. One of my addresses has an L4 and it is often confused with 14 instead.

Joe

by Karl Egressy on Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:04 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
I was lucky I guess. I phoned them today (five days after I sent it in) and the repair was done. They will send it to Purolator today and the delivery will take place either on Friday or on Monday. Basically eight days which included a Holiday. They changed the bayonet mount.
No charge.

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:01 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Karl Egressy wrote: I was lucky I guess. I phoned them today (five days after I sent it in) and the repair was done. They will send it to Purolator today and the delivery will take place either on Friday or on Monday. Basically eight days which included a Holiday. They changed the bayonet mount.
No charge.

I finally got an email from them saying they would email me the shipping label soon. lol

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:12 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
Karl Egressy wrote: I was lucky I guess. I phoned them today (five days after I sent it in) and the repair was done. They will send it to Purolator today and the delivery will take place either on Friday or on Monday. Basically eight days which included a Holiday. They changed the bayonet mount.
No charge.

I finally got an email from them saying they would email me the shipping label soon. lol
Isn't it ironic that they send you an email telling you that they are going to send you an email? 

Joe

31 posts |