All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 23 posts | 
by Scott Fairbairn on Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:19 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I agree with the comments. C1 seems to be on the slide. I have the subscription plan but I am disillusioned with them. However, I like the features and IQ better than the competition, and I’ve tried most(Lightroom to On1 raw to DXO) but I can’t replicate the IQ and workflow , so I’m sticking with C1 for now.

by WJaekel on Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:56 am
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
If you haven't seen if yet, - the new update of C1-23 (v16.3) is released now. The comprehensive Livestream on the new features (1:36h), shown and explained by their instructor David Grover can be watched on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyHcQzV-Oaw
As usual, there are more tutorials and informations on their website. From what I've seen, the new AI masking tool might be interesting and useful for nature photographers, too, though it certainly was implemented with the fashion and beauty shooters primarily in mind. The other features and additions (i.a for tethering etc) look less important and relevant for nature photogs again, IMO.

Maybe I will download the 30days trial to see by myself. Basically the new release doesn't change anything with regard to their license strategy discussed above, though. I still have not decided on my route.

Wolfgang

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:12 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
WJaekel wrote: If you haven't seen if yet, - the new update of C1-23 (v16.3) is released now. The comprehensive Livestream on the new features (1:36h), shown and explained by their instructor David Grover can be watched on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyHcQzV-Oaw
As usual, there are more tutorials and informations on their website. From what I've seen, the new AI masking tool might be interesting and useful for nature photographers, too, though it certainly was implemented with the fashion and beauty shooters primarily in mind. The other features and additions (i.a for tethering etc) look less important and relevant for nature photogs again, IMO.

Maybe I will download the 30days trial to see by myself. Basically the new release doesn't change anything with regard to their license strategy discussed above, though. I still have not decided on my route.

Wolfgang
Yes, just started playing with the AI tools this morning.  In addition to the AI Masking which is very useful and surprisingly good, there is also an AI eraser which is helpful in refining masks. The AI Masking is actually mind-blowingly good having no problem with fine hair, feathers, tree branches/leaves, etc.  I really think this tool is going to save massive amounts of time on complex image edits that require a lot of masking.  The automated AI foreground, and AI background selection buttons are similarly good and much better than anything I've experienced before in other masking tools like Topaz Mask AI for example.

A cool new trick is that in any brush, you can quickly toggle between brush and eraser simply by hitting the Alt key - it used to annoy me to no end that switching required multiple mouse clicks.

23 posts |