All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:43 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
http://act.stopcorporateabuse.org/conte ... shame-2015

Vote for which you think is the worst of the worst corporations.  For me, it was a toss-up between Nestles and Monsanto.  

I voted Nestles because they have been stealing Maine's groundwater for several decades now and selling it everywhere under the name of Poland Springs.  Blame it on us Mainers for letting these parasites in here in the first place.  Now they have paid Maine Townsmen on their board, a practice that should also not have been allowed.  

People are so gullible.  Maine's drinking water is top-shelf (for now), right out of the tap.  but many Mainers drink nothing but bottled water.  People are like cattle, they follow each other's actions.  I have been drinking Maine water from the tap all the years I have been here and I defy anyone to show that bottled water is any better than this tap water.  It is not.

I despise Nestles.  

Excerpted from aWiki Poland Spring article:  "[font=sans-serif]In June 2003, Poland Spring was sued for [/font]false advertising[font=sans-serif] in a [/font]class action lawsuit[font=sans-serif] charging that their water that supposedly comes from springs, is in fact heavily treated common ground water.[/font][sup][font=sans-serif][10][/font][/sup][font=sans-serif] The suit also states, hydro-geologists hired by Nestlé found that another current source for Poland Spring water near the original site stands over a former trash and refuse dump, and below an illegal disposal site where human sewage was sprayed as fertilizer for many years.[/font][sup][font=sans-serif][10][/font][/sup][font=sans-serif] The suit was settled in September 2003, with the company not admitting to the allegations, but agreeing to pay $10 million in charity donations and discounts over the next 5 years.[/font][sup][font=sans-serif][11][/font][/sup][font=sans-serif] Nestlé continues to sell the same Maine water under the Poland Spring name."[/font]

Robert King

Did I say I hate Nestles and their Poland Springs product?
Topic Locked  

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:01 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Too bad they left out Exxon/Mobil and BP from the icons. They, of course, can be written in, but there are plenty to choose from.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

by pleverington on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:11 am
pleverington
Forum Contributor
We all without exception use technology and benefit for it in so many ways they are almost uncountable. And every one of those ways can potentially have a downside if misused or abused. Nothing new with that....... it was predicted in the old testament long before even the invention of the first crude iron objects. You know the happy couple that ate the apple off the tree of knowledge thing.....

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light

Not to be religious or anything, it's just that people have feared what the newest technologies brought them since the beginning of time. And they were right, iron did bring better weapons that could kill more and kill easier. It's not that we need to be so down on technology itself it's people that are the problem. And it's not the good people who use the technologies for good things either, it's the misuse and abuse that causes the damage.

My only point is that if it's people all the time not the science that is the problem, so why then don't we change the way we do things? And I don't mean just the other guy or the individual.

Joseph Campbell who studied the myth and religions and cultures of man's societies all his life said once..."You can tell what the people of a society hold in highest regard by looking at the purpose of their tallest buildings".  At one time it was the tribes main meeting hut, then it was a temple, then a church, and now it is the bastions of commerce, power, and and money. Can we have both is the probable real question. It's like we are all caught in this trap....

Paul
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"
Topic Locked  

3 posts |