Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:30 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
There is always a new look at the same issue.  Her feeder mice example is worth reading.  A new angle.

http://www.forestvixen.com/debating-the-baiting-of-owls/
Topic Locked  

by Scott Fairbairn on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:56 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Amazing how you find this stuff!
Topic Locked  

by Dizzy on Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:41 am
Dizzy
Forum Contributor
I am personally Against any type of baiting whether it be for hunting or photography. If I see it I will report it!
National Geographic Society (Retired)

Arts N Images ---- Bird and Blooms Blog

"You don't take a photograph, you make it." Ansel Adams
Topic Locked  

by OntPhoto on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:49 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Dizzy wrote:I am personally Against any type of baiting whether it be for hunting or photography. If I see it I will report it!

Good for you. But it will only do any good if the activity is illegal.  Right now people on that side (anti-baiting) are just reacting emotionally. If they are better organized and constructive in their actions they can accomplish a lot more.  I am referring to a post from someone on that OFNC Facebook page. Some municipalities in Quebec have shown what can be done if people do more than just be emotional about the issue.  Emotion is OK as it triggers action. But to accomplish something they need an action plan. There are so many things they can do.  People in power often only react when they get an earful from their constituents/public. I am not advocating any of this but it's only logical if I was on that side.  However, I am not taking any sides on this thing.
Topic Locked  

by pleverington on Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:11 am
pleverington
Forum Contributor
FWIW I thought this one was the best point...not that the others weren't of value...but this one sounds the strogest to me to nudge folks to give up mouse baiting....

"The vast majority of all wildlife images will never result in any sort of financial gain whatsoever to the photographer making the practise even more unnecessary."

And then for me personally, baiting just doesn't feel right at my gut level.

Paul
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"
Topic Locked  

5 posts |