« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:18 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Not sure if some of you are aware of the story of Steve Patterson, a wildlife photographer.  This is a two-fold story.  First part has to do with baby bald eaglets he rescued.  Second part has to do with a prior conviction for feeding Great Gray Owls with a mouse tied to a string. 

Excerpt.
"Towne (prosecutor) described three incidents in 2014, when Wisconsin conservation police caught Patterson “baiting” a great gray owl with a mouse on a string. After the third time, they arrested him and charged him with a conservation law violation. Patterson pled guilty and paid a fine. “I think he was just having fun, to be blunt,” said Towne." -

http://news.yahoo.com/save-baby-bald-eagle-jail-172314320.html
Topic Locked  

by Scott Fairbairn on Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:55 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Fascinating
Topic Locked  

by OntPhoto on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:03 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Does anyone know if baiting of owls is illegal at the location where this person was charged and plead guilty to? Or was the reason he was charged because he had been warned a couple of times previously but did not listen. Maybe it was the mouse on a string? It would be interesting to know what exactly got him charged. I know feeding owls is legal here but many nowadays lead an owl from perch to perch to perch by teasing it with a mouse. I bet this is what can get one into trouble even up here. Just saying.
Topic Locked  

3 posts |