« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 89 posts | 
by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:57 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Ontphoto, it's your thread you should have the courage to answer a question put to you, but if you still refuse to do so, then answer these ones. Why do you initiate the owl baiting topic every year? I'm curious, to see if it's still polarized? To see if any new information has come to light since your last one? To provoke emotional and lively debate by others(but carefully avoiding injecting your own)? To bring it back to the spotlight? Trolling?
What is it you're looking for?

Since I have already mentioned this in previous responses and you never bothered to stop and read (based on you asking the same question again)...however, I am all for level-headed discussions on this topic, here's another go at it.  It is a topic that will never go away.  Discussions on some sites are pretty much one-sided.  I was hoping it would get a more balanced response here.  People state their opinions and are polite in their response.  That's good. I don't everyone to agree.  Does anyone expect that?  But one can still have an intelligent discussion nevertheless.  If one does not wish to participate that's certainly a choice.  But as you can see, others still have something to say about it or offer a new perspective.  That's what forums are for.  Especially the "ETHICS" forum.
It's hard to have a discussion when someone won't answer direct questions. It will of course never go away, you bring it up every chance you get. There's nothing new on the subject I'm afraid, it's been thoroughly debated but that doesn't seem to stop you from scouring the internet for another blog post or survey or magazine article to keep it going. 

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:01 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:Ontphoto, it's your thread you should have the courage to answer a question put to you, but if you still refuse to do so, then answer these ones. Why do you initiate the owl baiting topic every year? I'm curious, to see if it's still polarized? To see if any new information has come to light since your last one? To provoke emotional and lively debate by others(but carefully avoiding injecting your own)? To bring it back to the spotlight? Trolling?

Since I have already mentioned this in previous responses and you never bothered to stop and read (based on you asking the same question again)...however, I am all for level-headed discussions on this topic, here's another go at it.  It is a topic that will never go away.  Discussions on some sites are pretty much one-sided.  I was hoping it would get a more balanced response here.  People state their opinions and are polite in their response.  That's good. I don't everyone to agree.  Does anyone expect that?  But one can still have an intelligent discussion nevertheless.  If one does not wish to participate that's certainly a choice.  But as you can see, others still have something to say about it or offer a new perspective.  That's what forums are for.  Especially the "ETHICS" forum.
It's hard to have a discussion when someone won't answer direct questions. It will of course never go away, you bring it up every chance you get. There's nothing new on the subject I'm afraid, it's been thoroughly debated but that doesn't seem to stop you from scouring the internet for another blog post or survey or magazine article to keep it going. 

I figured you'd pull this.  I was expecting it.  You weren't fooling anyone :-)  lol

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:06 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

I figured you'd pull this.  I was expecting it.  You weren't fooling anyone :-)  lol
No idea what your talking about. I'd ask you but you probably wouldn't answer. ;-)
So. Do you bait owls? A fair question I think. 

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:07 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

No idea what your talking about. I'd ask you but you probably wouldn't answer. ;-)

So, tell me about your baiting experience Scott.  Does your buddy still do it?  :-)

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:29 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:

So, tell me about your baiting experience Scott.  Does your buddy still do it?  :-)
I took a quick look back to the beginning of this thread. You initiated the post, others responded in an intelligent way, but you contributed nothing, and you refuse to answer mine, and another persons question about whether or not you bait owls.
It can only lead me to believe you're afraid of being seen in that camp, your trolling or just plain afraid to. 
Do you still put the mouse out, then pull it away so the owl doesn't catch it? Tie the mouse's feet to make it harder to run away? Please explain, have the decency to come clean for once in your thread. As for myself, I haven't baited owls in years. I can't even remember the last time, might have been that day where you were yanking the mice back and making the owl waste energy for no reward.
So, yet again, I am forced to ask you the question, do you or do you not? It's an easy question, it just takes a little courage, which so far you seem to lack. You expect honest answers from others, why shouldn't they expect it from you?

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:33 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

I took a quick look back to the beginning of this thread. You initiated the post, others responded in an intelligent way, but you contributed nothing, and you refuse to answer mine, and another persons question about whether or not you bait owls.
It can only lead me to believe you're afraid of being seen in that camp, your trolling or just plain afraid to. 
Do you still put the mouse out, then pull it away so the owl doesn't catch it? Tie the mouse's feet to make it harder to run away? Please explain, have the decency to come clean for once in your thread. As for myself, I haven't baited owls in years. I can't even remember the last time, might have been that day where you were yanking the mice back and making the owl waste energy for no reward.
So, yet again, I am forced to ask you the question, do you or do you not? It's an easy question, it just takes a little courage, which so far you seem to lack. You expect honest answers from others, why shouldn't they expect it from you?

What you are doing is very transparent.  You should see what is going on today with not only workshops but even non-workshops.  People drop a mouse to get an owl to fly from tree to tree and this goes on and on to get it on the best perch.  Once an owl approaches they pick up the mouse.  Then they drop it again to get it to the next perch.  That wastes  a lot of energy.  Tell us about your baiting experience. 

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:40 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

What you are doing is very transparent.  You should see what is going on today with not only workshops but even non-workshops.  People drop a mouse to get an owl to fly from tree to tree and this goes on and on to get it on the best perch.  Once an owl approaches they pick up the mouse.  Then they drop it again to get it to the next perch.  That wastes  a lot of energy.  Tell us about your baiting experience.  And your buddy.
Aww, so that's how you do it? Is that finally an admission? If so, hooray! If not, then I'm still waiting. Why are you so concerned with my "buddy"? That seems a little weird to me. Your not stalking him are you?  :lol:

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:43 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

What you are doing is very transparent.  You should see what is going on today with not only workshops but even non-workshops.  People drop a mouse to get an owl to fly from tree to tree and this goes on and on to get it on the best perch.  Once an owl approaches they pick up the mouse.  Then they drop it again to get it to the next perch.  That wastes  a lot of energy.  Tell us about your baiting experience.  And your buddy.
Aww, so that's how you do it? Is that finally an admission? If so, hooray! If not, then I'm still waiting. Why are you so concerned with my "buddy"? That seems a little weird to me. Your not stalking him are you?  :lol:

You brought up our meeting and you and he, Robert McCaw were there photographing baited snowy owls.  You mentioned bringing mice if I recall.  Wasn't sure if it was you or him?  Fair question.  I believe you are stalking me :-) 

Last edited by OntPhoto on Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:44 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
What do you think about this post?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rudypohl/16366286992/

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:48 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

You brought up our meeting and you and he were there photographing baited snowy owls.  You mentioned bringing mice if I recall.  Wasn't sure if it was you or him?  fair question.  I believe you are stalking me :-) 

Your memory is slipping, it was you that brought up meeting, so I guess you're the stalker.  :wink:

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:50 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Once again. What do you think about this post?

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:51 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

You brought up our meeting and you and he were there photographing baited snowy owls.  You mentioned bringing mice if I recall.  Wasn't sure if it was you or him?  fair question.  I believe you are stalking me :-) 

Your memory is slipping, it was you that brought up meeting, so I guess you're the stalker.  :wink:

At this point in time, I am pretty much not paying too much attention to what you have to say.  But keep stalking me :-)

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:52 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:What do you think about this post?

Are you talking about the photo with the people in the field or all the images? 

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:54 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:54 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

At this point in time, I am pretty much not paying too much attention to what you have to say.  But keep stalking me :-)
Yes, same here, I gave up on hoping for an honest answer from you pages ago. Try to come up with something original, you're just echoing now.

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:57 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

Yes, same here, I gave up on hoping for an honest answer from you pages ago. Try to come up with something original, you're just echoing now.

You've been echoing most of this thread :-) 

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:58 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:23 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:
Scott Fairbairn wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:

You've been echoing most of this thread :-) 
I rest my case. You have nothing to offer. 

by OntPhoto on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:24 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Staying on topic. What do you think about this post?

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:40 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
OntPhoto wrote:What do you think about this post?

Read my reply above. 

89 posts |