Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSV8pRLkdKI

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video ... s.hln.html
Topic Locked  

by Mike in O on Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:19 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Thanks for posting this; if we want any animals that aren't eaten by people to survive, we will have to fight for them.
Topic Locked  

by neverspook on Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:12 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
These videos are well worth watching. I am shocked to learn that a government agency (Wildlife Services under USDA) is breaking laws right left and centre, killing the very species other agencies are working hard to protect AND using toxic pesticidies (DDT, Compound 1080, sodium cyanide etc), that were supposed to have been banned long ago and/or are extremely cruel and brutal in how they kill.

And if you have pets, better watch this also. Lots of pets are getting killed by this agency, the kills are going unreported and the areas were the traps and poisons are deployed are not being posted with warning signs despite legal requirements to do so.

Everyone needs to know about this. And then work to get this agency shut down.

Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Fri May 01, 2015 3:35 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
UPDATE TO 2013 POSTING:

The branch of the USDA that is deceptively named  "Wildlife Services" continues on with its self-administrated slaughter of our precious wildlife.

This agency must be stopped.  The word is now spreading at a faster rate.  Please read this "CARE 2" petition, sign it and pass it on to as many others as you can. Together, we can put a stop to this agency's mindless slaughter of our wildlife and our pets too (collateral killing).  Anyway that this agency can kill….it kills.   It is insane and it must be stopped.  

Personally, I do not care about problems that the cattle and related industries are having with wildlife-related losses.   The wildlife they are killing are native....the cattle ranchers are squatting on our land !! I do not like the cattle industry and much of it is strapped on the U.S. taxpayer's backs, via cheap leasing of federal lands that WE OWN!   I am sick of it!  They damage wildlife habitat and they act like it is their land.

Please note that the Center for Biological Diversity is right in the front fighting this thing.  

Here is an excerpt from the link:  Amy Attwood, a senior attorney for The Center for Biological Diversity, explains that ................

since 1996, "Wildlife Services has shot, poisoned and strangled by snare more than 2.7 million native animals" because agriculture, livestock and special interests groups consider them "pests."

But you have to make your own choices.   If you do choose to…..I want to express my heartfelt thanks to you for spreading the word.  Here is the petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/105/819/ ... -wildlife/

Robert
Topic Locked  

by neverspook on Fri May 01, 2015 3:08 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
Signed.

So perhaps those who do not like the cattle industry should eat less beef!  (I can talk as I am a vegetarian. :))

Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Fri May 01, 2015 9:23 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
neverspook wrote:Signed.

So perhaps those who do not like the cattle industry should eat less beef!  (I can talk as I am a vegetarian. :))

Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com
And perhaps he eats no beef at all.  I have not eaten steak or burgers for years.    My animal protein consists of milk, cheese and fish only.   :wink:  

Meat eating is a habit…an addiction.  And one that can easily be arrested.  There's no need for red meat in the human diet.  But it sure causes a whole lot of trouble.    

Robert King

http://itsaboutnature.net
Topic Locked  

6 posts |