Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Tim Zurowski on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:41 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
We used to see the number of views on posts in the old site, and now AFAIK the number of views is not available. Is there a reason why that wasn't built into the new site?

by Greg Downing on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:41 pm
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Tim - number of views will be coming back shortly...I won't get into why it was removed other than to say that we're putting it back by popular demand....give us a week or two.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Tim Zurowski on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:52 pm
Tim Zurowski
Forum Contributor
Cool . . . . thanks Greg.

by Greg Downing on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Number of views has been added back to the image galleries and forums. In the image galleries the number of views shows on the thumbnails page only so as not to continue to add additional clutter to the actual page with the image on it.

You can see the number of views in the forum posts as well on the individual index pages for each forum.

You may need to clear your cache for the changes to take effect and display properly....
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Eirini Pajak on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:51 pm
Eirini Pajak
Forum Contributor
Greg,
One further improvement on the number of views is to count not by clicks but by IP address..or whatever some other sites use so that if one person...taps the photo 20 times it would still only show up as one!
www.eirinipajak.com

5 posts |