Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by ewpreston on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:24 pm
ewpreston
Forum Contributor
After performing an advanced search I get a list of results, if I click on a result to read the thread I can't find a way to get back to my list. The back button takes me back to the advanced search form, and there is no link I can find to "go back to search results". Yes, I know I can open the link in a new tab, but that is tedious.
Eric Preston
ericpreston.com

by Greg Downing on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:43 pm
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Thanks for the feedback on this. I will have to talk to Nicholas, our developer, and add it to the list - Hopefully it's an easy fix.

One solution (may not be the best one) is for us to force all results clicked on to open in a new window. Ideally an easy way back to the list would be best. But in the meantime, as you indicated, it would be best to control/command click on the results if you want to return to the results easily.

*Do note that the site-wide search is still a work in progress (as noted in my announcement) which is why we also included the ability to use the individual search functions as well where needed.

Thanks for the feedback on this and again I'll add it to the list. :)
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by isseu on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:08 am
isseu
Forum Contributor
I came across another issue, after simple and/or advance search no results get displayed (yes iI double-checked, or would you think there ara NO hits for D600, D800 or Florida, even limited to the Bird gallery ?)
thanks for any clue

Dirk

by Greg Downing on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:54 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
Dirk,

When I perform an advanced search for "florida" I get 7700 results in the forums/galleries. Less for D600 or D800 but still a lot of results. What I don't get is initial results for the simple search in the forums and galleries which is why I stated in my announcement post that we are still working on the search. There is also a link to use the old search form for the forums and galleries until we have the advanced/simple site-wide search complete.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by isseu on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 am
isseu
Forum Contributor
Greg,

thanks for your reply, I retried to run the same search when using google chrome (instead of the microsoft explorer) and it WORKED !
so maybe it is just a personal /browser setting, sorry for causing issues /but maybe the information is helpful for others)

best
Dirk

by OntPhoto on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:25 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
I am having search issues too with MS IE 8. In my case, I get nothing back....no search results. Before the change, I could search just fine. Then again, I am having issues with one other website as well, so it just may be the browser or perhaps security software.

by Stephen Feingold on Thu May 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Stephen Feingold
Forum Contributor
The search function does not work on my PC with Vista and IE9. However, it works with the Chrome browser.

by Gary Briney on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:20 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
The new Search function now works for me in IE10 both from the input box at the top of the page, and from the Advanced Search. A search for d800e produces 514 hits. - Gary
G. Briney

by Tom Reichner on Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:35 am
Tom Reichner
Forum Contributor
I found a new issue with the search tool. When I enter a keyword, and select only the Wildlife Gallery, I get all results in which my keyword was used. I only want a list of posts in which my keyword was part of the title, not every post where it was mentioned. How do I search for a keyword, and limit my results to thread titles? I really don't have time to read thru 1,952 posts just to find what I am looking for.
Wildlife photographed in the wild

http://www.tomreichner.com/Wildlife

by Gary Briney on Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:46 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Hi Tom, Scroll down a bit to find "Or, use the original Forum and Gallery search »" and click it which opens another screen. Go to the section labeled Search Options and click Topic Titles Only. The new Search function is still a work in progress. - Gary
G. Briney

10 posts |