All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Ngwinghee on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:42 am
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
Member #:01457
Sorry - Not successful to either repost or upload a new image.  Please help.

by Greg Downing on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:14 pm
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
You're trying to post a replacement image for one that already exists? That should be possible.

If you're trying to add a second image to an image post you'll need to do that in a reply as it cannot be added to the original post and this is by design.
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Ngwinghee on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:15 pm
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
Greg Downing wrote:You're trying to post a replacement image for one that already exists? That should be possible.

If you're trying to add a second image to an image post you'll need to do that in a reply as it cannot be added to the original post and this is by design.
 Hi Greg, I have re-edited an image in Travel and Culture for reposting - before it's very easy, I just hit the EDIT button and my edited image can be reposted either as a replacement or an additional image. Now when I finished editing my image and try to hit the UPLOAD button, I can't post my edited image. There's also a THUMBNAIL image for editing - when I hit the EDIT button of the thumbnail , a full screen of the image is presented and I do not know how to go about it. Would appreciate if you can guide me step by step how to make it works.
The other problem is I'm now trying to add another image - just to post a new image after the 48 hours lapse. Again, before, it's so straightforward and easy to post a new image. But, now I also do not know how to get around it.  Sorry for the trouble - I may need a step by step instruction for it also. I tried to upload a new image from my computer but not successful.  What is the catch ? Thank you.

by Greg Downing on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 pm
Greg Downing
Publisher
If you want to display a second version you simply hit "post a reply" when viewing your own post - adding/uploading the new image in your reply - one of the buttons in the formatting bar is an image upload - see below screenshot - second button from the right - (there would be no thumbnail for the second "reply" image in the gallery, but it would become part of the discussion and will show up in the order posted with the other replies.. 

You should also be able to replace your original posted image simply by uploading a new one on the edit post screen - it would replace your first upload. If that doesn't work then please email me a copy of the image and I will try and track down why it's not working. 

Also the "edit" thumbnail link where your image comes up is simply for the editing of the thumbnail that will show - you can drag the corners of the square crop boxes to change the crop or positioning of your thumbnail any time you want. 

Here is a screenshot of the reply page with the image upload button selected:
Greg Downing
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by Ngwinghee on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 am
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
Sorry Greg, I'm still unable to do anything. Suggest you create a column of " How to post an image " and "How to repost an image" like any other Forums are doing. As you are a busy man I don't want to bother you with petty things that I or any other do not know for lack of technical know-how. Until then, my friend. Thanks.

by Greg Downing on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:29 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
What do you mean you're unable to do anything - can you be more specific? Are you not able to click "reply to post" on your own post and add an image there as I demonstrated above?

We have a tutorial for how to post an image here:

http://www.naturescapes.net/information ... -tutorial/

It comes with membership info and can be found at the info center along with a bunch of other things:

http://www.naturescapes.net/information-center/

As far as how to post a repost I just showed you above in a short tutorial - 1. click "post a reply" to your own image and 2. upload your repost there using the insert image button I just showed you in the above screen shot.
Greg Downing

by Ngwinghee on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:16 am
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
Hi Greg, once you've given me the lead I have successfully posted a new topic and a repost. Thanks, Buddy.

7 posts |