All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Martin 095 on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:12 pm
Martin 095
Lifetime Member
Member #:01126
A while weeks ago I finally upgraded my Mac from Leopard to Snow Leopard. I haven't printed since then and tonight I am trying this for the first time (Epson 4880). For some reason I cannot find my printer profiles for standard Epson papers. I used to have a file called Pro4880 PLPP (for Premium Luster Photo Paper) but this is no where on my Mac. Was this wiped out when I upgraded my OS? My Red River profiles though are still present?

And I cannot find the original profiles on the Epson website - they have a bunch of profiles for papers I am not using. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wish you all the best this holiday season!
Best wishes,

Martin
"[i]If there is a sin against life, it consists, perhaps not so much in despairing of life, as hoping for another life and eluding the implacable grandeur of this life[/i]." - Albert Camus

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:53 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Look in Library/ColorSync/Profiles they should be in there. If not you may have to reinstall. As for Epson, they do have the profiles it's just that the name of the paper may have changed. For example Premium Luster is now Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster - same paper, different name.

by Martin 095 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:42 am
Martin 095
Lifetime Member
Thanks EJ. I checked the Profile folder in Colorsync and although there are other profiles there (like my old 2200 profiles – circa 2008 – made for me by Cathy's Profiles), all of the 4880 profiles are missing. I will give the Epson site another try but I didn't see anything close to that name (only saw hot/cold press bright natural paper with a couple of matte papers as well).
Best wishes,

Martin
"[i]If there is a sin against life, it consists, perhaps not so much in despairing of life, as hoping for another life and eluding the implacable grandeur of this life[/i]." - Albert Camus

by Martin 095 on Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:18 am
Martin 095
Lifetime Member
Hi EJ,

I just found the profiles. They were in Library>Printers>Epson>InkjetPrinter2>ICC Profiles (?????). So that problem is solved.

Is it true that no Epson Print Utility (2 or 3) will work with a printer that is NOT connected via USB? My Print Utility 4 is not working either.
Best wishes,

Martin

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:46 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I only use these printers via USB so I don't know the answer to that.

5 posts |