« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by scorless on Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:48 am
scorless
Forum Contributor
Hi,

I am wanting to have a couple of large prints made on metallic paper. I like these images on the Red River metallic but have found when I turn to some of the labs like MPIX and Bayphoto that they do their maetallic prints on Kodak Endura Metallic. Can anyone tell me what I can expect in terms of the differences between the Kodak and what I already like for this print the Red River? I just can not get sheets large enough to do the prints I want so need to use the labs I guess.

Thanks for any input someone can give.
Sandy Corless

by dbostedo on Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:18 am
dbostedo
Forum Contributor
Sandy - The biggest difference is that the Kodak paper is not an ink jet paper. It's used in more traditional photo printing machines (LightJet is the one I've heard of most). So the printing technology is different. I can't really comment on that paper or the Red River unfortunately, but I have seen prints on the Fuji metallic paper that is similar and thought they were very nice.
David Bostedo
Vienna, VA, USA

by scorless on Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:08 pm
scorless
Forum Contributor
Thanks for your input David
Sandy Corless

by Wayne Fox on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:53 pm
Wayne Fox
Forum Contributor
Kodak Metallic paper will have a more "metallic" look than inkjet metallic paper. It will also have a much cleaner "gloss" because there isn't the unevenness and GD of the ink on the paper. I've done both (and print a lot of Kodak Metallic) and I haven't found an inkjet metallic that I like compared to the Kodak metallic. Just a difference in technology (translucent photo emulsion vs somewhat opaque ink on top of paper).

4 posts |