Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:46 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Finally broke down and got PS5. Some nice features, but I can't get my Epson 3880 running properly. Went to the Epson web site , downloaded the driver for (Mac) Snow Leopard, and the print and "print one copy" commands show up, but no page set-up. Weird. If I click on "print', I get the proper window, but again, no access to page set-up.

Any thoughts?

Thanks....and sorry if this question is redundant- couldn't find any answers with search.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by brogala on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:54 pm
brogala
Lifetime Member
Member #:00379
Not positive that I understand the problem but did you click on Print Settings button in the middle near the top of the Print dialog box. That is where I choose the paper size and other setting for the printer.

Bill

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:58 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Can you post a screen capture of the window that pops up when you click on print in Photoshop?

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:19 am
Cynthia Crawford
Oh, OK-I see that has replaced a separate window for page set-up. Everything looks different- I was running my printer on Tiger from an old computer.
I'll try this set-up. Not familiar with some of the terminology in the set-up, like Print Mode: only 2 choices:
AccuPhotoHD2
Advanced B&W
with a box to check 16 bit output.
I suppose one has to choose Accuphoto, even though this is not a HD image?

Thanks!
brogala wrote:Not positive that I understand the problem but did you click on Print Settings button in the middle near the top of the Print dialog box. That is where I choose the paper size and other setting for the printer.

Bill
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by mikeojohnson on Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:16 am
mikeojohnson
Lifetime Member
Member #:00374
When you click on the print menu in CS5 you get the window on the right. Click on print settings and the print driver window pops up. Under the paper size selector is a drop down with other settings. Click on the printer settings. Page setup should tell the printer where to get the paper, media type tells the printer whether it is matte or glossy and roughly how thick the paper is, print mode is the default, I check 16 bit, color mode is off and you can select the output resolution you desire.
Oh, and back over on the adobe print menu you need to have photoshop manages colors selected and the proper profile for the paper you are printing on.

You probably know all this stuff but I thought you might find it helpful with your new setup.
Mike
PS: the print module of Lightroom is much more powerful and simpler
"Photography intensifies the experience of life"
http://www.mojphoto.com

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:23 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Thanks Mike, for taking the time to show me this. I've found the page set-up functions now, and things look good for set-up with profiles.

Appreciate the help!

Cindy

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:45 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
A picture is worth a thousand words :) Glad you are up and running!

7 posts |