Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Dotty Waxman on Fri Sep 19, 2003 7:29 pm
Dotty Waxman
Forum Contributor
For some reason, my foreground/background white has suddenly become pale grey (PS 7.0). I can't recall how to change only that preference to default. Anyone have a clue? I'm sure it's a no brainer but I'll kick myself later I guess. :x

Thanks for any help.

Dotty

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 19, 2003 8:57 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I think we need more information. Exactly what do you mean with foreground/background gray? the Photoshop default workspace is gray. When you open a new document, it opens in either white, transparent, or black as the background depending on how you selected it. If you add to the canvas, it adds in whatever color you have the background color picker set.

To set the color picker for foreground and background, simply click on it and the palette opens up and you can set it to anything you want.

by Michel Legendre on Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:53 pm
Michel Legendre
Forum Contributor
Maybe you can click on the smaller white/black squares beside/under of the bigger one, then click on the arrows to select the white or black as the foreground color.
You probably select a grey from an image by clicking in it with one of the tools...
As E.J. wrote, I miss some information to be sure of the pertinence of my suggestion.
Good luck
Michel Legendre

by Dotty Waxman on Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:12 pm
Dotty Waxman
Forum Contributor
Sorry about the omission. My problem is that the foreground/background option near the bottom of the toolbox which is obviously defaulted at the tiny black/white image won't default to white. In one image and one image only (pretty wierd), the white becomes pale grey & even when I click on the smaller icon it won't go to pure white. I tried duplicating the image which of course brought the problem along with it, so that didn't work. As soon as I bring up a different image it goes to white.

This is happening during the process of framing an image.

Am I making any sense? :?

Dotty

by Chas on Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:00 am
Chas
Lifetime Member
Member #:00037
Dotty, try pushing the letter D on your keyboard, it should Default the fore/backgrounds back to Blk and Wht. Typing the letter X switches them around. Sometimes when PS 7 first opens the foreground box is gray.

Let us know how things are working out.

You could try to make the fore/back white or any color for that matter and reverse them to get the color you wish.

Best,

Chas
Charles Glatzer M.Photog, Canon Explorer of Light, https://about.me/charlesglatzer
Check out www.shootthelight.com for info on workshops, seminars, appearances, etc.
NSN 0037

5 posts |