Chimney Bluffs

Posted by chriscove on Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:17 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
This is my first posting here in Landscapes. Now that the birds have left Western New York I can get to my true love...landscapes. This is an area along lake Ontario where erosion has created some pretty spectacular formations. I still have not capture what I feel is a good shot here. This is 2 exposures combined. I sure wish there were some clouds in the sky.

Comments appreciated.

Canon 1Ds, 70-200mm at 70, F14, .5" for the cliff, 1/20 for the sky. ISO 100, raw converted with C1.
Christopher Cove
Rochester,NY
www.covenaturephotography.com

Posted by:
chriscove
Forum Contributor

by Jens Peermann on Sun Jun 27, 2004 7:14 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
I don't miss any clouds in here. This is a very strong, very graphic image. It doesn't need any clouds. They might take away from the sharp division between the red/orange sky and the steel blue water, as well as the one between the water and the silhouetted rocks.

The simplicity of the composition and the bold colors make this one an attention grabber. Well done!
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by Neil Fitzgerald on Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:05 am
Neil Fitzgerald
Regional Moderator
Member #:00240
It is good, but I'm wondering how it might look with the rock darker with very little detail. If you had clouds in the sky I might go for even more rock detail than you have here. Might not work, I'm not at all sure.

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:28 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
This is cool - just fix the white line around the entire rock formation where you made the transition from one exposure to another and you have a winner.

4 posts |