Re-Post Of Polar bear (captive)

Posted by Campbell on Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Ok, I croped it and cloned out a couple of weird spots that I think where dust on the scanned image?? The thing his head is on, is a Palm Tree fraun, or whatever them are called? :)

Again, ALL comments are welcomed and needed.

Thank you
Jason Vaclavek
NSN 0062
http://www.JCVPhoto.com

Posted by:
Campbell
Forum Contributor

by NDCheryl on Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:25 pm
NDCheryl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00026
Jason,

I like this better than the first post. I would consider cropping down even further from the top-just into the bears fur. This will get rid of the whitish distractiuon in the BG and further focus attention to the bears head and paw. More USM if the image can take would help as well.
Cheryl Ertelt
http://www.photosphrases.com
NSN 0026 LTM

by Cindy Marple on Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:32 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
Jason, ditto Cheryl's comments. The wonderful part of the image is the paw by the face- the rest doesn't help support that. Definitely better than the original post.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by walkinman on Wed Sep 17, 2003 11:41 pm
walkinman
Forum Contributor
Member #:01141
Hey Jason,

I like this much more . I agree with Cheryl about cropping a tad from the top, not too much, just a sliver, IMO. Also, you could try cloning some fur from one part of te bear and blending it over the parts that you feel are burned out .. with practice, you could probably save this kind of over-exposure.

Cheers

Carl

PS .. why on earth does a polar bear have a palm frond in its enclosure??? :D

by Campbell on Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:37 am
Campbell
Forum Contributor
Carl,
I did not think about cloning the hot spots, that's a good idea, thank you.
I dont know how the frond got into this enclosure? maybe a monkey threw it in there? lol

Thank you all for your help with this one, I realy apreciate it. :)
Jason Vaclavek
NSN 0062
http://www.JCVPhoto.com

by chew on Thu Sep 18, 2003 1:19 pm
chew
Forum Contributor
With all the good suggestions and critiques for this and your previous bear image I really hope that you can go back to the zoo on a cloudy type day and post some thing of better quality. I like what you are doing here and the subject will be a good challengein many different types of light. Also take note of the recent polar bear images and their settings that have been recently posted in this forum for reference. Keep on keepin on Jason, I look forward to seeing another polar bear post.
Chew NSN 0031

by Faith on Sun Sep 21, 2003 2:03 pm
Faith
Forum Contributor
Personally.... I absolutely love the picture... however, I'm a little partial to polar bears and such... <smile>
Jenn =)

Lord, let me step into that place of Faith where your Grace is beyond my imagination and Miracles are a common place...

7 posts |