Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by ebkw on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:17 am
ebkw
Forum Contributor
This video is a result of only eight minutes of video cut with stills added! The chicks fledged three mornings later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3rwoAxujO8

From my Canon 7D with 500 + 1.4 using my car as a blind. Pinnacle 14 Ultimate Studio for editing. The editing took at least 60 hours as my computer is really not up to the job of working with HD. I had to delete all auxiliary files before doing any edits, delete all temporary internet files, delete as much as possible from my Start Menu and beg for help from the Pinnacle Studio Edit Forum.

For anyone using Pinnacle 13 Ultimate Studio the only way I could do the necessary cuts was to expand the Timescale so that each second was showing each of the 30 frames. It took me two days to find that part out and then none of the titles would work. I just hope that I can remember all this for the next time.

I put in the various bird songs as they are the ones that I heard around my house while I was doing the video but wind distorted the sound so badly that it couldn't be used. I left out the loon flying overhead!

Thanks for looking!
Eleanor Kee Wellman, eleanorkeewellman.com, Blog at: keewellman.wordpress.com

by Kin Lau on Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:25 pm
Kin Lau
Forum Contributor
Nicely done... the IS sound is a bit of a distraction, and all the other bird songs going on seemed a bit weird. Perhaps bring along an audio recorder, and capture some ambient sounds around the area next time.

The footage looks great. I love the shot of the mother taking away the fecal sac.

by ebkw on Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:18 am
ebkw
Forum Contributor
Kin,

Just so you know, those ARE the ambient sounds that I heard around me when I was doing this and other video bits! In fact for this bit the Hermit Thrush sang throughout the whole thing. I did, however, leave out the loon that flew overhead and I do live in the bush on the shore of a small lake!

I guess my hearing has got so bad that I dont' hear the IS sound and I did lower the sound track sound to almost zero. I do hear wind, though, so I didn't lower it enough.
Eleanor Kee Wellman, eleanorkeewellman.com, Blog at: keewellman.wordpress.com

3 posts |