Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Alexandre Vaz on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:38 pm
Alexandre Vaz
Forum Contributor
I usually try not to pay much attention to Internet rumors about upcoming equipment, but sometimes I can't Ignore them...
I'm sure that many of you already heard about the Panasonic GF1. I don't know if there is any truth in this rumors, but it sounds convincing to me.
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1022/p ... 1rumor.jpg
If it proves to be true, 2009 will undoubtedly be the year of the so awaited small digital cameras targeted to professionals and advanced amateurs.

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Looks like a direct competitor to the Olympus Pen and we already know that Panasonic does contrast detect AF far better than anyone else so this may overcome the biggest shortcoming of the Oly.

by jhapeman on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:25 pm
jhapeman
Lifetime Member
Member #:00845
Without in-body IS, I find it less interesting, as I most use manual-focus Voigtlander and Leica lenses on my E-P1. I good EVF would be nice. I am very skeptical of the picture that appears to show a connector for an add-on EVF. My guess is that's just a wish put in by someone good with Photoshop.
Lots of gear and an understanding wife

by Griffin on Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:01 am
Griffin
Lifetime Member
Member #:00420
...and then we heard about EP-2 coming out before the end of this year! Sigh.

After going through all the rumors of Apple products in all these years, it is not impossible for someone to make things up, but since Panasonic is a bit too far away to being handled with such treatmet (Canon 7D, anyone ;) ), I would wait-n-see.

May I ask if 3-party MF-only lens still invoke the manual focus screen mode on EP-1?
Griffin.
[b]NSN0420[/b]
[i]Disclaimer![/i] The subject is not harmed during photography process! ;)
'It is all about Light' - Michael H. Reichmann

by jhapeman on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:38 am
jhapeman
Lifetime Member
Member #:00845
Griffin wrote:
May I ask if 3-party MF-only lens still invoke the manual focus screen mode on EP-1?
No. The switch to the MF screen requires that the lens be able to communicate electronically with the body, something that only the MFT lenses can do right now.

Jeff
Lots of gear and an understanding wife

5 posts |