All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by calvin1calvin on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:04 pm
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
I have a Sigma 1.4x tele converter that matches the new 150-500 Sigma lens. I use a Nikon D700 & D300 body. The teleconverter will not lock on the lens. Has anyone had a similar experience with this combination and what is the fix? I am afraid the teleconverter and lens will have to be sent to Sigma for repair. Both items are US warrantied and in their warranty period. The teleconverter locks on both camera bodies fine and the lens locks on both camera bodies. The problem appears to be the converter to lens mechanism. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:29 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Sigma has changed the 1.4x converter three times that i am aware of in the last 15 years including not too long ago. Are you sure you have the latest one? I assume so since you say it is under warranty but did the seller sell you the latest one or clear old inventory? If it is the latest one, it sounds like it needs to be serviced.

by avianaction on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:40 am
avianaction
Forum Contributor
Hi Calvin

In the UK, Sigma provide a free 'chipping' service (lenses & TC) to make them compatiable with the latest cameras. Perhaps there is a similar situation in USA?

Cheers: Wayne
Wayne Richardson
Avianaction
UK

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:21 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
avianaction wrote:Hi Calvin

In the UK, Sigma provide a free 'chipping' service (lenses & TC) to make them compatiable with the latest cameras. Perhaps there is a similar situation in USA?

Cheers: Wayne
It does but his problem is that the thing won't mount properly to is lens ;) Either way, it probably has to go to Sigma.

4 posts |