All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by ForestCat4 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:48 am
ForestCat4
Forum Contributor
Hi,
Has anyone else noticed anything odd about the way the camera chooses which card to record on? I basically use my SD as an "overflow", in the event I accidentally fill an 8gig CF during some action, etc. It hasn't happened yet, so the SD stays in the camera, empty. I put the CF in the reader, empty it, and put it back in the camera. Occasionally, with me doing nothing different than I ever have, the camera decides to write to the SD instead of the CF. Happened again this morning. Annoying. Thanks for any confirmation/denial.

___
Neil

by Bob Steele on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:03 am
Bob Steele
Forum Contributor
Neil,

If you turn the camera on with the CF card slot empty, the camera will switch to the SD card automatically -- and stay that way when you return the CF card. Same thing if you remove a card while the camera is on. The MkII and MkIIN were the same. I know this because it happens to me all the time... :oops:
Bob Steele
Inyokern, Mojave Desert, California
[color=green][b][url]http://www.bobsteelephoto.com[/url][/b][/color]
[i]Too many birds, not enough time...[/i]

by ForestCat4 on Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:24 am
ForestCat4
Forum Contributor
Thank you very much, Bob. Might be it, for sure. The thing is that typically, I won't pull a card with the camera on. But I also try to put the battery in before the memory card after a nights charge. I'll get a rigid routine down(never power the camera w/ empty slot), and see if it still happens.

___
Neil

3 posts |