E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I spent most of it getting rained on in Grand Teton National Park

by Paul Skoczylas on Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:34 am
Paul Skoczylas
Forum Contributor
Member #:00284
I was out kayaking on the upper Fraser River, on the BC/AB border. (For those of you who know what the Fraser looks like in Vancouver--this is completely different.)

Got some great shots (I hope--I'll take the film in tonight...) of my friends running a drop that I chose not to run this time.

Bad news was I seem to have lost a lens :shock: :( It's worth less than $200 CDN, but they don't make the darned thing anymore. The two choices for replacement (new) either don't have an aperature ring (making it useless for my older camera) and/or have a plastic mount (the missing one had a metal mount). I'll check out the used shops before buying... But buy I will have to do, since I now have nothing smaller than 50mm. (If anyone has a Pentax AF 28-80 f/3.5-5.6 zoom with a metal mount you are willing to part with, let me know!)

-Paul

by Wil Hershberger on Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:04 pm
Wil Hershberger
Forum Contributor
Spent Sat AM at a bird banding station in WV. It was a privilege to see and hold several Cape May warblers. Then Sunday morning was birding with an out of town friend (we had 75 species :shock: ). After that I proceeded to photograph more of the insects that I have collected for a book that I am working on. It was difficult in that it was raining and all of the vegetative props that I get from the yard were soaked. There were a few periods where things dried out some and I was able to work. I will be posting some of these in the macro forum.
All-in-all a good weekend.
[url=http://www.cricketman.blogspot.com][b]Wil Hershberger[/b][/url] | [b]NSN0025[/b]
[url=http://www.natureimagesandsounds.com/workshops/index.html][b]Nature Images and Sounds Nature Photography Workshops[/b][/url]

23 posts |