« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Mike Milicia on Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:21 pm
Mike Milicia
Forum Contributor
I've begun printing 5x7 notecards using prescored 7x10 Red River Aurora Fine Art paper. The instructions for the paper say to set "Media Type" to "Velvet Fine Art". This, in turn, seems to require that the paper be fed through the rear manual feed slot. I've been having quite a difficult time getting the paper to feed using the rear slot without getting a "Paper Jam" error. I suspect part of the problem is that the edge guide will not go any narrower than letter size.
I have taped some cardboard to the rear feeder to act as an edge guide
and that improves the situation quite a bit but I still get "Paper Jams" more often than with any other paper.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, have you found a good solution? I have tried feeding the paper in horizontally (i.e. 10" wide) but that was even worse.
Mike Milicia
Online Classes | Workshops | Facebook

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:08 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Run a piece of normal 8.5x11 printer paper (the basic stuff - not photo paper) underneath it. the printer should pick up both sheets and help guide it through.

by Paul Burwell on Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:42 pm
Paul Burwell
Forum Contributor
I have successfully fed this paper through the regular sheet feeder on my R2400. It has the occasional problem picking up the paper, but it will usually work.

Not sure if you are using a Mac or PC, but in Windows, although the driver warns you that you must use the manual feeder, you can override it to use any feeder that you want to.
Paul Burwell
[url=http://www.bsop.ca]Photography Classes and Workshops[/url]

3 posts |