All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Laura Stiefel on Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:59 pm
Laura Stiefel
Lifetime Member
Member #:00229
My best friend and her husband just invited me to Lake Tahoe for the first weekend of February. Since neither of us girls ski, we are looking for places in the general area for landscape photography. I've been told this is a beautiful area and I'm really looking forward to exploring it! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch! :)
Laura Stiefel
[b]NSN 0229[/b]

by eSearing on Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:51 pm
eSearing
Forum Contributor
At the top of Heavenly ski resort you can view the lake on one side and the desert on the other. A 360 Pano would be realy cool.

You can take a glider ride on the desert side so arial shots might be possible as well. There are probably helicopter rides as well.
Eric
[url]http://www.esearing.com[/url]
[url]http://www.biz-story.com[/url]
Persist without Exception

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:41 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Definitely drive to Emerald Bay - its a beautiful view.

by schlansker on Fri Dec 12, 2003 4:26 pm
schlansker
Forum Contributor
On the eastern side of the lake check your maps for sand harbor near Incline villiage. The coast near sand harbor is famous for its natural beauty - large boulders in pristine lake water.

Mount Rose highway near Incline has a nice L.T. overlook. I have taken nice sunset pictures there.

As E.J suggested, Emerald bay is a must see. This area is sometimes subject to avalance road closures. Make sure that you check out the falls on eagle creek. There are falls on both sides of the road, but the 1/4 mi walk to the uphill falls might be covered in very deep snow.

Sugar Pine Point state park has excellent photo potential. Again, you might need snowshoes or XC skis.

4 posts |