The Lady Inside

Posted by Carol Clarke on Mon Dec 01, 2003 2:40 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
Canon 300D, Sigma 180mm 3.5 Macro.

1/200 : F 32 : ISO 400

We are dipping a toe in the water of digital photography, having treated ourselves to a 300D each this Christmas - so here I go again, another learning curve!! and this is from my first digital shoot. I have always been fascinated by flowers. their many shapes and forms - not only in their exterior beauty, but what they contained in their inner depths. One of the most fascinating are the Orchid family and by peering in with my Macro lens I have captured this little lady deep within an Orchid.

I hope you like her.

All comments and critiques always welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

Posted by:
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067

by T Williams on Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:09 pm
T Williams
Lifetime Member
Member #:00035
Wow, Carol, this is great! You did a very nice job with the composition and sharpness in this one. You're gonna love the digital! I look forward to more of your macros.
Tom
NSN 0035

by DC on Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:33 am
DC
Regional Moderator
Your creativity and eye for detail is amazing. You've got some real stunners from this session which I hope you'll share with the forum.

I love this little lady and she was certainly willling to pose for you ;)
Dave
Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windscreen

by Harvey Edelman on Tue Dec 02, 2003 8:16 am
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor
:wink: . Good one :)
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

by Michael Brown on Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:12 am
Michael Brown
Forum Contributor
Well Carol, how do you like the new play toy? (the 300D)
I have really been enjoying mine and find myself getting even more creative because of digital. Very cool!!

This is excellent, and hope you keep playing in the macro world with that Sigma.
About the only thing I would change here would be to brighten it up "just a little bit only", and that might make the colors sing a bit more.
A touch of USM sometimes can make the "diamond dusting" within the petals of some flowers to standout even more also. That can be overdone, but something to play with in USM and you can easily see what I am talking about.

I like this just fine!

Keep cranking them out Carol, .................. and warning, .................. this macro world is a habit that is hard to break!!! :wink: :)

Take care Carol,
Mike
[b]Michael Brown
NSN 0056[/b]

[url=http://www.macroartinnature.com/]"Macro Art In Nature" - Website[/url]

by Carol Clarke on Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:24 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Michael Brown wrote:Well Carol, how do you like the new play toy? (the 300D)
I have really been enjoying mine and find myself getting even more creative because of digital. Very cool!!

Mike

We both love the Camera Mike. We discussed all the pros and cons of the 300D and the 10D and as we have to have one each, decided the 300D would be just fine - I said to Dave - if its good enough for Mike - and see what he does with it ! :lol: Anyway, I can't fault it at all so far and am pretty impressed with it all round and as you say, much more creativity when you get instant feedback. We've tried them out on animals, birds and macro and the results are great.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Bryan E. Reynolds on Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:35 pm
Bryan E. Reynolds
Forum Contributor
Very nice shot. This looks like a lady in more ways than one.

by Wil Hershberger on Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:42 am
Wil Hershberger
Forum Contributor
Very nice. I really like the colors and the DOF. I too think that you could lighten the image a touch. Great work and thanks for posting in the F&M forum.
[url=http://www.cricketman.blogspot.com][b]Wil Hershberger[/b][/url] | [b]NSN0025[/b]
[url=http://www.natureimagesandsounds.com/workshops/index.html][b]Nature Images and Sounds Nature Photography Workshops[/b][/url]

by Laura Stiefel on Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Laura Stiefel
Lifetime Member
Member #:00229
Another wonderful intimate flower shot. The softness of the colors is so attractive here as is the composition. This is very beautiful!
Laura Stiefel
[b]NSN 0229[/b]

9 posts |