All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by DC on Wed Aug 27, 2003 2:12 pm
DC
Regional Moderator
Hi gang,

I noticed this weekend that the film advanced mode marker was flashing in the LCD. I've looked in the manual and it rabbits on about using power over speed when the batteries are low. The battery check says the batts are 2/3 full and it wasn't cold. Is there something I've missed, or should I just replace the batts anyway?
Dave
Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windscreen

by Ron Niebrugge on Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:14 pm
Ron Niebrugge
Lifetime Member
Member #:00440
If you have 2/3’s battery that is plenty, I don’t think the battery is the problem.

Maybe I don’t understand the question, but when this happened with my 3’s it was usually because the leader didn’t catch and the film wasn’t advancing.

by Geo on Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:28 pm
Geo
Forum Contributor

Last edited by Geo on Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 27, 2003 3:35 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
That was my impression when I read the question too. The only other thing I could think of is that the battery is worn out - in other words it has decent voltage characteristics but poor current characteristics and this happens to be how the EOS 3 responds. If you have a spare battery, you might try that.

by DC on Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:51 pm
DC
Regional Moderator
Sorry, I should have been a little more specific. I first noticed it halfway thru a roll. I then switched it from hi-speed advanced to single frame and it stopped. A few frames later it was flashing again. Every time I switched it around, it would stop but start again a few frames later.

I guess EJ's probably right tho. I'm using a power booster, so I'll slap the original grip back on with a fresh battery to see if that fixes it.

Thanks guys.
Dave
Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windscreen

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 27, 2003 4:53 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
That sounds like a battery that is quickly becoming nothing more than a resistor. :cry:

6 posts |