Great Egret ala Flaming Pear

Posted by Christina Evans on Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:17 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
I bought the amazing Flood plug in (using it on a professional graphics job--many thanks, Danny) In the package along with it, I got a few other filters that interested me, and decided to try out the "Mr. Contrast" plug in on this photo taken at the Alligator Farm in the spring. I also used a few other PS art filters, but that one gave me the main effect here. I'm quite interested to know what you think of the result. I liked the way it brought out the exture of the feathers on the back, and the sort of batik look in the background.

Thanks for all critiques and comments.
Christina Evans
http://cgstudios.smugmug.com/

Posted by:
Christina Evans
Forum Contributor

by Parrothead Pete on Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:22 pm
Parrothead Pete
Forum Contributor
I love the picture. Would like to see the original for an A-B comparison...
"There are no other Everglades in the world. They are, they have always been, one of the unique regions of the earth; remote, never wholly known. Nothing anywhere else is like them..." - Marjory Stoneman Douglas

by Lisa Gimber on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:06 am
Lisa Gimber
Forum Contributor
Just Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Lisa
Reposts are very welcome.

by Greg Downing on Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:51 am
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
"Mr Contrast" :lol: Who comes up with this stuff? Anyway, I think the effect is quite interesting and the first thing I thought was that it could be used in conjunction with a mask for sharpening effect. Very cool. I haven't purchased yet, just tried the free flood. ;)
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by nzmacro on Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:25 am
nzmacro
Forum Contributor
It sparkles and shines this one. Nice effect Christina. Might look into this one as well thanks :D . Well it brings large smiles here to know flood helped and worked out well :D . That is great news :wink: Well worth the whole exercise in that case Christina.

All the best and I must say, beautiful shot and work. :D

Danny.
Nature is the master, we are just mere clickers in time.

by Carol Clarke on Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:29 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I love the composition of the original image and this could be an interesting tool to use but for my tastes this is just a touch too harsh in this instance. I like the effect on the BG but feel the subject has a too grainy/contrasty appearance. Just my 2 cents worth. :? :?
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Fabs Forns on Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:06 am
Fabs Forns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00393
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Very well done, my hard copy friend :D :D

by Mike Gallo on Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:20 am
Mike Gallo
Lifetime Member
Member #:00457
I love the effect here Christina, it gives it a very different look. Can't wait to try it myself.
Just havin' fun

by Christina Evans on Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:23 am
Christina Evans
Forum Contributor
Thanks to all for your comments. I am not certain I'd use this image excatly the way it is now, but just trying out the plug in quickly, can certainly see potential for it -- Greg's idea for use as a sharpening mask is really a good one.

I don't have time right now (gotta work!), but maybe I'll post the original image in the birds forum later today sometime when I get a chance, Mike. (Or perhaps as a repost here.)

Certainly appreciate the feedback. Naturescapes is the best.
Christina Evans
http://cgstudios.smugmug.com/

by AForns on Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:35 am
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
Christina this I'm sure looks totally different in print!!! 8) 8) A nice Velvet paper would bring out all fine texture!!!! Might consider masking part of the head and lessening the effect in that area particularly the darker parts? 8) 8) 8) Also got a bunch of the filters and I'm experimenting!!!!!

Interesting that they seem simple but you need the right image for the application and ruble change in settings make all the difference!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

10 posts |