Countryside-Northern Illinois

Posted by Mary Dennis on Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:59 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 

Hope this is okay for this forum because it has been manipulated. I was trying to filter out some of the noise in the blue sky and it got a little softer than I wanted, but I found the results kind of pleasing. Or does it just look like a blurry photo? :?: I'm not sure the same effect comes across here as it does on my home computer. This was taken near Galena, Illinois almost on the Wisconsin border. Cropped on bottom, saturation and contrast. Comments and opinions solicited and welcome.

10D, 28-70mm 2.8, 1/250, f11, tripod
Mary
NSN 0123

Posted by:
Mary Dennis
Forum Contributor

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:47 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Hi Mary, to me it looks like the focus of the camera locked on the foreground tree and left everything else out of focus

by Mary Dennis on Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:49 pm
Mary Dennis
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the reply E.J. The original image has everything in focus, this effect is the result of fiddling too much I guess. Thought it had a nice soft painting like look on my computer before resize for the web but I guess it has been lost in the translation (or maybe I'm just nuts and need glasses)! :D This is probably one I should have thought twice about before posting! Oh well..... live and learn huh? :wink:
Mary
NSN 0123

by Jenny Ellerbe on Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:16 pm
Jenny Ellerbe
Forum Contributor
Hi Mary,

I don't think the images need to be "winners" to be posted. Quite the opposite. Ones like this, whether they work for me or not, could spark someone to try something different. I like that you were fiddling ... you never know what you are going to get!
Jenny Ellerbe
Louisiana
http://www.jennyellerbe.com

by Mary Dennis on Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:07 am
Mary Dennis
Forum Contributor
Thanks Jenny. Couldn't agree more! Funny thing about this image...I have printed it at home and I love the results on paper. So I am glad I fiddled, and I will continue to fiddle beyond all recognition!!! :D :lol: Actually Ihave been having some fun using my Neat Image program, primarily used for reducing noise, to soften and blur images and give them some unusual looks. This image came out of that. Fun, fun, fun! :D
Mary
NSN 0123

by Ken Cravillion on Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:15 pm
Ken Cravillion
Forum Contributor
Member #:00072
This image would be great on a textured paper. Nice effect.
Ken Cravillion

by Harvey Edelman on Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:18 am
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor
You can get some interesting and pleasing results "fiddling around" :)
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

7 posts |