All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Bart Breet on Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:23 am
Bart Breet
Forum Contributor
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying an A3 photoprinter, but not sure if the files produced by my Nikon D1x can be upsized to A3 format.
Has anyone experience with upsizing D1x files to A3 format, and if so, do you use a specific technique or just the image size dialog in PS?

Thanks for your help,

Bart

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:29 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
A3 should be no problem out of 6MPx camera as long as the photo is good to begin with. There are a number of utilities that upsize but I find that, while some of them are better under a loupe, photos viewed at a normal viewing distance are identical whether you use these utilities or you use Photoshop's bicubic interpolation through the Image Size command.

by Harvey Edelman on Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:31 am
Harvey Edelman
Forum Contributor
I've upsized many of my digital photos and printed them up to 24X 30 inches without any real loss in resolution. What works for me is doing it in steps. I start with a TIFF file at 240 dpi and first upsize to 8x10 and save. Then i upsize the 8x10 to 11x14 and save. Then upsize to 16x20 and save. For the photos that I've had printed at 24x 30 there is relatively little cropping done to the image. For the 16x20 prints I can work with images that have been more substantially cropped.
Harvey Edelman
http://www.harveyedelman.com

3 posts |