Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:05 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
BestBuy is showing the z8 as available right now for those who are interested. I put it in cart and it was ready to go through.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nikon-z-8- ... lsrc=aw.ds

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by ricardo00 on Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:34 pm
ricardo00
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote: BestBuy is showing the z8 as available right now for those who are interested. I put it in cart and it was ready to go through.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nikon-z-8- ... lsrc=aw.ds

Joe

So did you buy one?  My friend put in an order at B&H and it is coming Monday, only a few weeks after he ordered it.  For us Californian's, the tax savings from B&H is hard to beat. 
PS.  Loving mine:

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:28 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I ordered it June 7 from B&H and it is coming in tomorrow morning. I was going to order the z9, but I picked up my old D700 with grip and realized that I didn't want to use such a heavy camera again. I like the weight of my D850 and D500's, but I never got consistent AF with the D850. The D500 is far better, but not perfect. I know the z8 and z9 are far better and no AFFT to mess with, plus eye AF. I know I will be much more happy with the z8 to use with the 500 and 300 pf lenses and adapter with or without the TC14e3. Later, I want to get the 800 or 400mm z lens and z TC.
Beautiful Ruddy image, BTW.
Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by ricardo00 on Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:50 am
ricardo00
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote: I ordered it June 7 from B&H and it is coming in tomorrow morning. I was going to order the z9, but I picked up my old D700 with grip and realized that I didn't want to use such a heavy camera again. I like the weight of my D850 and D500's, but I never got consistent AF with the D850. The D500 is far better, but not perfect. I know the z8 and z9 are far better and no AFFT to mess with, plus eye AF. I know I will be much more happy with the z8 to use with the 500 and 300 pf lenses and adapter with or without the TC14e3. Later, I want to get the 800 or 400mm z lens and z TC.
Beautiful Ruddy image, BTW.
Joe
  Congrats on your new Z8!  And thanks for your kind comments on my ruddy duck pic.
RR

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:01 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Got it. I charged the battery and now I need to work on the settings so I can go try it out. Nice size and weight. I’m really glad I didn’t order the z9. I thought the z8 wouldn’t be available for several months.

Joe

by david fletcher on Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:45 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
SantaFeJoe wrote: Got it. I charged the battery and now I need to work on the settings so I can go try it out. Nice size and weight. I’m really glad I didn’t order the z9. I thought the z8 wouldn’t be available for several months.

Joe
Congrats on your Z8 Joe.  Nice one!
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

6 posts |