Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:02 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Another story of logging and wolves:

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-sej ... ml?ref=yfp

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:41 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Yes, another sad story of that conflict

A few years ago my buddy said that the Endangered Species Act should have been named the Endangered Habitat Act.  He is right.  There can be several different reasons a species becomes imperiled but the most common is loss of habitat.  

He also made the point that the USFWS waits until a species is …..well….endangered,  before they begin to determine if it warrants being listed as endangered.    

He is right again; i.e. isn't there a yellow light before the red light?  

We do have a tool called the Jeopardy Biological Opinion that does give a warning as to an upcoming problem.  I have worked on one before.  Why then, do they not use such a tool?

I like to say that the ESA of 1973 is the Holy Grail of wildlife conservation laws.  It is more important than any other.  And that is why the "conservatives"  (where did they get that name?) are attacking the ESA like never before.  

The last individuals of some of our beloved wildlife species are standing in the way of their industrialism.  I tell you, if not for the Dems, the ESA of 1973 would have already been severely weakened.  The Dems know not to budge on it.  Not no, but hell no!

Dig in your heals and fight!   Love the Center for Biological Diversity.
Topic Locked  

2 posts |