Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:53 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Someone sent me this link of the great gray owl.  The video quality is quite good with nice behaviour moments.  I do not know if it is the same owl through-out the video as it may be a compilation. 

You'll have to fast-forward to the 3:44 mark to see how tame one of them is. I am not sure why the owl isn't paying any attention to the fella lightly stroking/petting it.  Maybe it is being distracted from the front.  The owl eventually notices him.

"Here my purty.  Nice birdy.  Nice big birdy". 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJVuopldMyU
Topic Locked  

by Andrew_5488 on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:37 pm
Andrew_5488
Forum Contributor
When the guy was looking at the camera I was hoping for the Owl to take his finger out.
:-)

Can't wait for a video with crocodiles and tigers.
Topic Locked  

by OntPhoto on Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:26 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Andrew_5488 wrote:When the guy was looking at the camera I was hoping for the Owl to take his finger out.
:-)

Can't wait for a video with crocodiles and tigers.

Videos of crocs up close with people touching them?  There are plenty of those around.  Steve Irwin comes to mind.  He's no longer around but it had nothing to do with a crocodile. 

Far as the GGO in the video is concerned, I think it's just natural curiosity on the part of the person touching it.  He was testing the "interaction boundaries".  Not many people have gotten that close to one in the wild naturally, even tame in behaviour as they may be, so I think there's more going on there than meets the eye ;-)
Topic Locked  

3 posts |