« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 23 posts | 
by Gary Briney on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:39 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Though I don't know for sure Tim, I would say that might be a possibility. Of course you can always change it back if it happens. :)
G. Briney

by nclements on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:42 am
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
Tim Zurowski wrote:Thanks Gary, that finally worked! Now my question is will everything operate okay with that entry set to "false"? I ask because I first checked that it worked on false and then reset it back to true, and with it set at true, it was back to not working again. So for me it appears I need to leave it at false. I only have this issue with NSN, so could other problems arise if I leave it at false?
Looking at this link (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Preferences/Preference_reference/dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled) it shouldn't make a difference to most websites. The reason it made a difference here is because the editor being used traps the cut/copy/paste events and handles them differently from the default approach. The irritating thing is that we don't allow the cut/copy/paste features of the editor to be shown so the event handler should not have been overwritten. (Note, there are other websites for which this bug would cause problems -- some major ones included -- just google 'dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled' for examples.) So no, you shouldn't run into other problems if your usual approach is to use ctrl-x/ctrl-c/ctrl-v for cut/copy/paste (or command-x/c/v if using a Macintosh).

by Gary Briney on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:50 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Thanks much Nicholas -- by the way, Tim is running FF on Win7/64
Tim Zurowski wrote: "...Like I say, this only happens when I copy from NSN. FWIW, I am in Win7x64..."
G. Briney

23 posts |