Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:03 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
I haven't been on in a while; this is, to me,anyway, a new problem.  When I go to "galleries," and pick a specific gallery, when I put my cursor over a thumbnail, I might very briefly get the little balloon w/ number of views, replies, etc, then I get a pop up ad; if I click on the thumbnail I get the ad in a new tab and can't view the original post; any idea what's going on here?

by SantaFeJoe on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:20 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I'm not sure this is your problem, but go to "edit profile" at the top of the page. Click on "board preferences", click on "edit global settings", then click on "hide header ads". This may only work if you're a paid member.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by nclements on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:58 am
nclements
Development Team
Member #:99999
Craig Lipski wrote:I haven't been on in a while; this is, to me,anyway, a new problem.  When I go to "galleries," and pick a specific gallery, when I put my cursor over a thumbnail, I might very briefly get the little balloon w/ number of views, replies, etc, then I get a pop up ad; if I click on the thumbnail I get the ad in a new tab and can't view the original post; any idea what's going on here?
What operating system and browser?

My first guess is that you're using Windows and possibly Internet Explorer and that somehow you have some malware or adware on your system that's hijacking the popup. 

Ads in the galleries are limited by design and there are no official popup ads there.

by Craig Lipski on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:24 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
Windows, Chrome, will have to explore more when I have time.

Edit: This is only on my P.C, not on my iPhone, so it probably is malware.  Yippee.

by Gary Briney on Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:08 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
A screen shot would be helpful too (though malware is almost certainly the culprit as Nicholas suggests)
G. Briney

5 posts |