« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Jerry Merrell on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:25 pm
Jerry Merrell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00210
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQcUmpVyjlc[/youtube]

This is uncorrected, compressed footage of a pileated woodpecker nest located in central Florida. (The original HD video is quite sharp when viewed on a large HD television monitor.) I have about 6 hours of footage that I hope to process over the next few months, but wanted to post this early version now because you will be seeing many posts of this nest on the Bird Forum.

Ambient noise levels around this nest are extremely high so unfortunately I was not able to include the original audio. The audio track I added was generated by the NLE -- you might prefer muting your monitor and viewing this without listening to the audio track.

Original video was captured with a Sony PMW EX3 + Nikkor VR 70-200 mm f2.8 lens (35 mm equivalent = 385 - 1100 mm focal length) at 1080p, 30 fps and processed with Avid Liquid 7.

FYI: This nest is about 16 feet above ground level and located in a public park in central Florida.

Comments welcome.

Jerry
Jerry Merrell

Last edited by Jerry Merrell on Sat May 12, 2012 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Marina Scarr on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:11 pm
Marina Scarr
Forum Contributor
What a great video, Jerry. Thanks for sharing and I can't wait to see a final version. This video really gives you a glimpse into the life of a woodpecker family and will undoubtedly bring a smile to many viewers' faces as it has to mine.
Marina Scarr
Florida Master Naturalist
Facebook, Website

by Maxis Gamez on Mon May 21, 2012 10:37 am
Maxis Gamez
Forum Contributor
Awesome stuff man.. Thanks for sharing!
Maxis Gamez

3 posts |