All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 23 posts | 
by ahazeghi on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:50 am
ahazeghi
Forum Contributor
Randy Mehoves wrote:
ahazeghi wrote:I use Epson ultra premium luster and exhibition fiber-both very nice if you like semigloss.
Does Exhibition Fiber out-gas as much as Ultra Premium Luster?
I have quit using the Luster due to the out-gassing problems (yes, I have followed all of Epson's instructions about print drying even adding additional time for drying, with little if any difference.)
I haven't noticed it, but my photos usually sit in a frame.

by James McIntyre on Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:04 pm
James McIntyre
Lifetime Member
Member #:00068
Arash:

If the prints are in a glass-enclosed frame, then that is just where you should notice the outgassing most prominently, particularly if the prints aren't matted. The problem is the slow evaporation of the ethylene glycol ink base.

Epson recommends placing paper over a printed image for at least 48 hours before framing to wick out the glycol: http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/Edit ... d=61412340
I think the problem is worst with RC papers such as Premium Luster.

Jim

by Ed Okie on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:37 am
Ed Okie
Forum Contributor
A slight tangent, but possibly worthy perspective applied to lizabeth's opening question "which of many papers are 'best' and should I use..."
Might I suggest there's a loss of fundamental focus that needs to be applied: First, foremost and always - image quality itself.That's what is important. "Add on's" or so-called "enhancements" (the tons of photo stuff sold, hardware and software that promises "better"), the list is never-ending. Even various photo papers. Similarly, the too-widely accepted thinking "shoot anything, I'll fix it later in Photoshop."
And cows can fly!

23 posts |