Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Darren K on Mon May 10, 2010 12:59 am
Darren K
Forum Contributor
This marks my first video to date, and I am rather pleased. I have a lot to learn, but I'm going to have to take more of it on future trips. This was done with the 5D2 and Apple iMovie. Surprisingly, it only took me about three hours. Thank you to Eleanor Kee Wellman on an earlier thread with the great music tip from Kevin Macleod.

Great Sand Dunes National Park & Preserve lies in south-central Colorado near Mosca.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/11612517[/vimeo]

by ebkw on Tue May 11, 2010 7:21 am
ebkw
Forum Contributor
Cool, Darren! I've never been there and you have inspired me to make the effort. I even like the hand-held part! The music works well!
Eleanor Kee Wellman, eleanorkeewellman.com, Blog at: keewellman.wordpress.com

by Darren K on Tue May 11, 2010 12:25 pm
Darren K
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Eleanor! I definitely thought the music is fitting for this place, too. It is a tremendous place if you ever do make it out. Much more to it than what I briefly showed here.

by Don Grall on Thu May 20, 2010 12:24 pm
Don Grall
Forum Contributor
Hey Darren, really liked this video.....a man of many talents! My favorite spot was the blowing sand . Was the sound of the water and wind from the camera's mic or did you use a 3rd party mic?

by Darren K on Thu May 20, 2010 4:48 pm
Darren K
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Don! The audio is from the in-camera mic. It would be nice to have a third-party microphone, but I haven't come across any in my limited searches that are small and very light that would fit my backpacking criteria. I may just live with the way it is, which will probably be fine for my needs anyway.

by sbacon on Sat May 22, 2010 9:13 am
sbacon
Forum Contributor
Nice work! The wind blowing off the dunes is excellent and perfect for video. I also liked the "Pfuoomp, pfuoomp, pfuoomp" sound while walking down the dune. If you haven't hiked in big dunes, you wouldn't know that experience - very cool.
Scott Bacon
[url=http://baconphoto.com]BaconPhoto.com[/url]
[i]"The mountains are calling and I must go." ~ John Muir[/i]

6 posts |